HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who is/was the best thrash band ever?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 12:04 pm    Post subject: Who is/was the best thrash band ever? Reply with quote

I'm just curious which of these bands(I tried to include everyone I could think of) is the best thrash band. I'm trying to make sure I haven't missed anyone important in my collecting.

So who is the best thrash band?
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:51 pm    Post subject: Who is/was the best thrash band ever? Reply with quote

I gave an underdog vote to Forbidden
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:55 pm    Post subject: Who is/was the best thrash band ever? Reply with quote

Damn Jake, that was a tough one. I voted for Coroner because I love that band. But was difficult to me to left the others out, I guess that thrash is one of the sub-genres were to define a single band is really difficult. [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]
THRASHCRAZED

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:44 pm    Post subject: Who is/was the best thrash band ever? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by wyvern:
Damn Jake, that was a tough one. I voted for Coroner because I love that band. But was difficult to me to left the others out, I guess that thrash is one of the sub-genres were to define a single band is really difficult. [img]images/smiles/icon_confused.gif[/img]

I also agree about Coroner. I will say, and have always said, that Tommy Vetterli is one of the most underated guitarist out there. The thing that would have really helped them out was a heavier sound. The riffs on Punishment are totally weak sounding. Had it been more of a crunch like say Overkill's "Under the Influence" or something, they might have been as big as Kreator, Sodom, Destruction and so on. My opinion only.
THRASHCRAZED

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:46 pm    Post subject: Who is/was the best thrash band ever? Reply with quote

My pick was early Metallica followed closly by Slayer. It doesn't get much better than the Reign cd or Seasons.
metalblood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:47 pm    Post subject: Who is/was the best thrash band ever? Reply with quote

A few lesser known ones that you may want to check out if you already haven't.

Holy Terror (one of my fav thrash bands)
Agent Steel
Kublai Khan
Blood Feast
metalblood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:57 pm    Post subject: Who is/was the best thrash band ever? Reply with quote

Add Sadus to that

BTW I voted for Slayer
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:05 pm    Post subject: Who is/was the best thrash band ever? Reply with quote

...and check out [b]Whiplash[/b] too! "Power & Pain" and "Ticket to Mayhem" are thrash classics. Their last cd, "Thrashback" thrashes old school style too.

And naturally, my favorite - [b]Sacred Reich[/b] wasn't listed, so I'll be the one guy who voted for [b]Voivod[/b].
Evil Doctor X

PostPosted: Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:09 pm    Post subject: Who is/was the best thrash band ever? Reply with quote

I voted for Flotsam & Jetsam because I figured noone else would. I could just as easily picked Testament or Anthrax. Three of my favorite bands of all time...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: