HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best metal to scare trick-or treaters?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metalblood

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 12:50 am    Post subject: Best metal to scare trick-or treaters? Reply with quote

Stage Fright- Witchfynde
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 1:14 pm    Post subject: Best metal to scare trick-or treaters? Reply with quote

Megadeth's Killing is My Business. Especially Chosen Ones and Looking Down the Cross. Love you to Death also has a creepy keyboard intro. Peace Sells is also kindof wicked especially Black Friday and My Last Words. After those I'd go to Reign in Blood.

But I agree with Hippyblood to a degree as well. If you show up to the door headbanging furiously to Iron Maiden they'll probably think you're nuts enough.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 4:32 pm    Post subject: Best metal to scare trick-or treaters? Reply with quote

Motorhead - 'Nightmare/The Dreamtime'
Black Sabbath - 'Disturbing The Priest'
Jesuschrist Superstar - 'Crucifixion'
rockin500

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 5:01 pm    Post subject: Best metal to scare trick-or treaters? Reply with quote

anything Type O Negative would work.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2002 6:49 pm    Post subject: Best metal to scare trick-or treaters? Reply with quote

Opeth - Blackwater Park. There is some really beautiful, haunting metal on this disc.
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 4:17 pm    Post subject: Best metal to scare trick-or treaters? Reply with quote

Another question though is whether you are trying to scare the tricker or treaters away or whether you are just trying to make things spooky and seasonal.

If you want to atmosphere effect- Emperor or Opeth, but I suppose since you don't like death metal maybe you could go with Alice Cooper's Love it to Death. Particularly Black Juju and Ballad of Dwight Fry are really spooky.

For the scare away effect then go with Slayer full blast.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Nov 04, 2002 10:50 pm    Post subject: Best metal to scare trick-or treaters? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake:

metal maybe you could go with Alice Cooper's Love it to Death. Particularly Black Juju and Ballad of Dwight Fry are really spooky.

Or better yet, 'I Love The Dead', that's a spooky song from the Coop.
MetallicHead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 5:55 pm    Post subject: Best metal to scare trick-or treaters? Reply with quote

I know is not metal, but how about Echoes from Pink Floyd.... now that's scary!!!!!

What do you think? and if you haven't heard it yet... give it a try, it's a long song but the middle section it's the creepiest.
Ug

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2002 6:08 pm    Post subject: Best metal to scare trick-or treaters? Reply with quote

talking about pink floyd....
i was just listening to voivod's version of "astronomy domine" and that one has spooky vibe to it too

another one i can think of is sabbath's electric funeral.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: