HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Helloween news and whoa!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 8:43 pm    Post subject: Helloween news and whoa! Reply with quote

quote:
"Helloween is currently in the studio recording their new album. It is very unfortunate to announce that Mark Cross could not complete all recordings on the album, due to the malicious (EBV) Epstein-Barr virus also known as Mononucleosis, which had struck him this September. He'll need at least 4-5 months of recovering. The symptoms of this virus are very dangerous and can leave serious marks in your health. It first destroys your entire immune system and leaves you no energy. Therefore Mark is still is too weak to do any kind of intense activities at the moment and strictly needs to rest by the doctors orders. We all agreed on having Motorhead's Mickey Dee as the replacement for the recordings only! To avoid possible rumors, Mark Cross remains the drummer in Helloween and we're looking forward for the tour next year."

In other news, lets put some rumors aside, first and foremost, Mickey Dee is only drumming on the album, he is not a full fledged member of the band. Second thing, Mark Cross is NOT going to die, nor does he have any sort of fatal disease. As far as the album is concerned, its going well. Word is that the writing has gone well and so have the recordings. There isn't a working title for the album so far.

Is Mickey Dee is going to record the new album, I want it! Just saw the guy playing in Motorhead -"25 Alive Boneshaker" DVD and is a monster of the drum kit (nothing new to me, I got all Motorhead albums [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] ).
woosta

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 3:54 am    Post subject: Helloween news and whoa! Reply with quote

Mikkey Dee is god. Not A god....THE god.
Jake

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 2:16 pm    Post subject: Helloween news and whoa! Reply with quote

Sounds good. Too bad Mark Cross is sick(I don't actually know him from anywhere), but on the positive side for a rocker that's not such a bad one to have in comparison with all the stds and liver problems you could have instead.

I can't wait to hear the new Helloween. The last one let me down, but I think if Weikath is more in control of this one I'll dig it.
Jeff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 4:30 pm    Post subject: Helloween news and whoa! Reply with quote

quote:
Too bad Mark Cross is sick(I don't actually know him from anywhere)
I do belive he was in Metallium.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 8:22 pm    Post subject: Helloween news and whoa! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Take_Off_You_Hoser:
quote:
Too bad Mark Cross is sick(I don't actually know him from anywhere)
I do belive he was in Metallium.
Indeed he was.
Jeff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 10:24 pm    Post subject: Helloween news and whoa! Reply with quote

I have state of triumph, chapter 2 from Metallium. I liked it at first but then grew wary of it.
Hey Wyvern, do you know how the first state of triumph album sounds?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:14 am    Post subject: Helloween news and whoa! Reply with quote

No and no [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Actually I know about the band, but I just heard a couple of songs here and there (don't know from which album). Interestingly at the height of German power metal only two bands besides Helloween really got me: Heavens Gate (now defunct) and Blind Guardian. Brainstorm, Sinner, Metallium, Primal Fear, Rage are bands which wotk I know by parts but never managed to get deeply into.

I love Helloween (except fot the two accursed albums) but I believe that Weikath's action of fire Grapow and Kusch was extreme idiocy. At the same time I'm surprised and joyful that they pick Mickey Dee to record the album, because he's a wonderful drummer but I would have believe, Weikath will have probably get any other German power drummer available (or willing to work with him).
JesseR72

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 3:11 pm    Post subject: Helloween news and whoa! Reply with quote

quote:
I have state of triumph, chapter 2 from Metallium. I liked it at first but then grew wary of it.

I have "Millenium Metal Capter One" (Metallium's first album) and I love it! I agree with you on "State Of Triumph" it was cool at first, but I soon grew tired of it. I like the first album much better it features Savatage's Chris Caffery on guitar and Mike Terrana (ex-Yngwie, ex-Artension) on drums. Some kiler drumming on this disc. Musically it's mostly the same as "State Of Triumph" but the songs are a little more memorable IMO.
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 5:37 pm    Post subject: Helloween news and whoa! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by JesseR72:
quote:

I have "Millenium Metal Capter One" (Metallium's first album) and I love it! I agree with you on "State Of Triumph" it was cool at first, but I soon grew tired of it. I like the first album much better it features Savatage's Chris Caffery on guitar and Mike Terrana (ex-Yngwie, ex-Artension) on drums. Some kiler drumming on this disc. Musically it's mostly the same as "State Of Triumph" but the songs are a little more memorable IMO.
Mike Terrana's also on the last couple of Rage albums.

Wyvern, you don't like Pink Bubbles Go Ape?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: