HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GNR Cancels Philadelphia Gig -- Tour Cancelled?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ug

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:57 am    Post subject: GNR Cancels Philadelphia Gig -- Tour Cancelled? Reply with quote

axl=jacko, i have a feeling they are both the same person. at least they both act loooney.
General Zod

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:12 am    Post subject: GNR Cancels Philadelphia Gig -- Tour Cancelled? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lars37:
I agree about this debacle that Axl calls Guns N Roses*, but in fairness, I must say that IN MY OPINION, if they would've combined the best moments of Use Your Illusion 1 and 2, that would've made for ONE great disc. That would've meant 2 great GNR discs total.

Agreed. And that's partly my point. GnR has spent their entire careers ripping off their fans. Instead of giving them one great CD, they chose to give them two average CDs, so that they could make twice as much money.

GZ
Lars37

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 8:35 am    Post subject: GNR Cancels Philadelphia Gig -- Tour Cancelled? Reply with quote

ABSOLUTELY, Zod! I think it was 1/2 greed and 1/2 arrogance, as if everything they decided to record MUST have been a masterpiece. No quality control...

I have to admit, though, that I'm enjoying the stories surrounding these bizarre delays, cancellations, and the ensuing disturbances. If it weren't for the innocent people losing money and being inconvenienced by the whole thing, it'd be downright hilarious.

The hardest part for me to believe is that SO MANY PEOPLE would actually pay to see Axl and his band of Misfit Toys passing themselves off as Guns N Roses. People are apparently so starved for entertanment that you can grab any 5 guys and attach any name of a "classic" band to them, and someone'll fall for it.

Sad...
Crusader

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 10:13 am    Post subject: GNR Cancels Philadelphia Gig -- Tour Cancelled? Reply with quote

Can't Axl just cancel his career permanently?
Ogre

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:44 am    Post subject: GNR Cancels Philadelphia Gig -- Tour Cancelled? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Crusader:
Can't Axl just cancel his career permanently?

I thought he was working diligently towards that goal until he re-emerged about a year ago.

Now, it seems, he is focused more upon unleashing the f*cking fury." [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
EdwardTHead

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:03 am    Post subject: GNR Cancels Philadelphia Gig -- Tour Cancelled? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by British Steel:
The fans at these shows won't get back Ticketmaster fees.

Actually you do get back the full price you paid for the ticket, fees and all. I once tried to go to a ZZTop concert that had been both moved and set for a different date. I got back everything.

I was supposed to goto the show tonight at the MCI Center, still don't know if it's on or not. The good thing is that I didn't pay for it a bud has his company skybox so I really don't care.
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 6:57 pm    Post subject: GNR Cancels Philadelphia Gig -- Tour Cancelled? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by EdwardTHead:
quote:
Originally posted by British Steel:
The fans at these shows won't get back Ticketmaster fees.

Actually you do get back the full price you paid for the ticket, fees and all. I once tried to go to a ZZTop concert that had been both moved and set for a different date. I got back everything.

I was supposed to goto the show tonight at the MCI Center, still don't know if it's on or not. The good thing is that I didn't pay for it a bud has his company skybox so I really don't care.

Let us know how it is if you go. I'd like to hear someone review this concert.
Bohica

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: GNR Cancels Philadelphia Gig -- Tour Cancelled? Reply with quote

Can we just call it a$$hole & Company... err.. I mean... Axl & Company?

He is the only Original member of the GnR that released an album....

For all of you not into their history... the original guitarist was Traci Guns (LA Guns). Hence, Guns & Roses.

Anyways, it's just Axl & buddies now...
metalblood

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:21 pm    Post subject: GNR Cancels Philadelphia Gig -- Tour Cancelled? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bohica:
Can we just call it a$$hole & Company... err.. I mean... Axl & Company?

He is the only Original member of the GnR that released an album....

For all of you not into their history... the original guitarist was Traci Guns (LA Guns). Hence, Guns & Roses.

Anyways, it's just Axl & buddies now...

It always amazed me that the band was named Guns & Roses and not Roses & Guns, perhaps Axl was different then?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: