HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have you guys heard Sinch?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dyskrasia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2002 11:18 pm    Post subject: Have you guys heard Sinch? Reply with quote

***DISCLAIMER: Yes, I am on the E-Team. No, I do not think I can con you into watching the video. If you're interested in new rock bands with the hope that some of them will not suck, you will probably check it out... or maybe you won't. Whatever!***

Sinch is good. I like them. If THAT stirring commentary won't convince you, maybe the video will:
[url=http://www.mmusa.tv/content/main/index.php?sid=2]http://www.mmusa .tv/content/main/index.php?sid=2[/url]

Pretty simple. Click on OVEN FRESH on the main page, then SINCH on the page that pops up, and voila! It's thirty seconds long... it's a clip... it's painless, and it's actually pretty good. Plus the guys from the band deserve major props-- they've been working hard since 1994, and Dan (drums) moderates the website and message boards... they're really into the fans, which is nice when there's so many stuck-up ******* rockstars out there.

So, like I said... they're a good band, otherwise I wouldn't be wasting my time posting this. Hey, and if you think they're halfway decent, come join the Sinch.net message boards! Fun people. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

In other news... anyone else have any good bands I should check out? Always looking for new music...

-RAYNA-
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 1:05 pm    Post subject: Have you guys heard Sinch? Reply with quote

Sinch...lame. You want bands? Try these...

The new and recent (1990-present):
Aborym, Agalloch, Aghora, Altar, Amon Amarth, Amorphis, Anathema, Ancient Rites, ...And Oceans, Andromeda, Apollyon Sun, Arch Enemy, Arcturus, Babylon Whores, Backyard Babies, Balance of Power, Behemoth, Bethlehem, Beyond Dawn, Black Label Society, The Black League, Borknagar, Burnt by the Sun, Candiria, Carnal Forge, Cathedral, Cattle Press, Cave In, Cephalic Carnage, The Chasm, Children of Bodom, Chrome Locust, Clutch, Coalesce, Congress, Converge, Cradle of Filth, The Crown, Cryptopsy, Cultus Sanguine, Darkane, Dark Tranquillity, Dawnbringer, Defleshed, Demons & Wizards, Diabolical Masquerade, Digital Ruin, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Dimmu Borgir, Dismal Euphony, Dismember, Divided Multitude, Dodheimsgard, Drawn, Drowningman, Edguy, Eidolon, Enslaved, Esoteric, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Eyehategod, Fall of the Leafe, Fleurety, Forlorn, Gamma Ray, Gardenian, Garden of Shadows, The Gathering, Gehenna, God Dethroned, Godgory, Gordian Knot, Gorguts, Green Carnation, Grey Skies Fallen, Halford, Hate Eternal, The Haunted, Heaven Shall Burn, The Hellacopters, Hellchild, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Immortal, Impaled Nazarene, In Aeturnum, In Flames, Iron Savior, Kamelot, Kataklysm, Katatonia, King's-Evil, Krisiun, Lamb of God, Liar, Limbonic Art, Lions Share, Lost Horizon, Magnitude 9, Malevolent Creation, Manipulated Slaves, Martyr, Mastermind, Maudlin of the Well, Mental Home, Meshuggah, Misanthrope, Monster Magnet, Moonspell, Morgion, My Dying Bride, Myrkskog, Naglfar, Nasum, Nevermore, Nightfall, Night in Gales, Nightwish, Nile, Novembers Doom, Obtained Enslavement, Ocean Machine, October 31, Old Man's Child, Opeth, Orphaned Land, Pain of Salvation, Paradigma, A Perfect Circle, Physicist, Primordial, Puya, The Quill, Rain Fell Within, Raise Hell, Rammstein, The Ravenous, Red Harvest, Rhapsody, Roachpowder, Rotting Christ, Royal Hunt, Sacramentum, Samael, Saturnus/The Loveless, Satyricon, Scanner, Scholomance, Scissorfight, Sculptured, Sentenced, Septic Flesh, Shadows Fall, Sheavy, Sigh, Sinister, Skepticism, Skyclad, Skyforger, Slipknot, Soilwork, Solefald, Solitude Aeturnus, Sonata Arctica, Spastic Ink, Spiral Architect, Spirit Caravan, Spiritual Beggars, Steel Prophet, Strapping Young Lad, Summoning, S.U.P., Supafuzz, Susperia, Swordmaster, Symphony X, System of a Down, Tad Morose, The Tea Party, Terra Firma, Therion, Thought Industry, Tiamat, Tool, Devin Townsend, Tristania, Ulver, Vader, Vanden Plas, Vintersorg, Westworld, Windham Hell, Witchery, Withering Surface, Within Temptation.

The ass-kicking veterans:
Angel Dust, Annihilator, Blind Guardian, Blue Oyster Cult, Bolt Thrower, Candlemass, Death SS, Deceased, Destruction, Dio, Dream Theater, Entombed, Helloween, Iron Maiden, Jag Panzer, King's X, Manilla Road, Manowar, Mayhem, Mercyful Fate, Morbid Angel, Napalm Death, Neurosis, Overkill, Raven, Riot, Root, Uli Jon Roth, Savage, Savatage, Saxon, Michael Schenker Group, Sodom, Stratovarius, Testament, UFO, Uriah Heep, Virgin Steele, Voivod.
nitro4040

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2002 1:10 pm    Post subject: Have you guys heard Sinch? Reply with quote

What Matt said.
Ug

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 12:01 am    Post subject: Have you guys heard Sinch? Reply with quote

the clip was tooooo short, didnt leave an impression.

metalfilm- you missed lacuna coil, my new favourite band(probably not yours, but i felt like mentioning it anyway), and have you checked out the new system of a down album?
Daronas

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 12:56 am    Post subject: Have you guys heard Sinch? Reply with quote

Yeah, check out SatanicBlack!!! \m/ \m/

Couldn't resist.
Jake

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2002 2:30 pm    Post subject: Have you guys heard Sinch? Reply with quote

This wasn't a spam I don't think.

Metalfilm don't you think posting a huge blurb of bands is just going to confuse someone?

I don't know what you've heard, but I highly recommend Arch Enemy if you don't mind death vocals, because they are my favorite band from the last decade or so. They play fairly heavy not quite thrashy heavy metal with lots of melodic leads. I'd say all of their albums are good, but the latest(Wages of Sin) is especially intense. The one with the most melody is probably Burning Bridges, and that is also my favorite album from them. Sidenote: See this band in concert, they are awesome!

Opeth has an interesting approach as well, but once again there are the death vocals. Although I think the term progressive is overused, I think it definitely applies to this band, cause Opeth has material that's all over the place. Sometimes they'll just finish playing some crushing riff, before something that sounds kindof like rockabilly or folk comes in and changes the atmosphere. The have great grooves and some very nice leadwork. Also included are some clean vocals which are pretty nice, because I think the vocalist/guitarist(Mike Akerfeldt) has a very original voice. The album I recommend from this group is My Arms Your Hearse.

Let's see who else. If you want old school heavy metal stuff, then maybe you could try out Sinergy. I just found their album for the first time the other day. Female vocals, but still agressive. Reminds vaguely of Doro in terms of the approach(if not the actual sound of her voice). Lots of riffs and some good speed and duel lead playing. Good stuff.

Then there's Nightwish. They play eurometal too, but there are lots of keyboards in there so some people may not like them. But their album Oceanborn is highly recommended. Tarja Turunen has just an awesome voice(for once I think she is actually operatically trained). The riffs are cool, but overall this isn't an album about crunch so much as composition. And if you'd like to check out the best songs I'd look for Gethsemane and Stargazers online.

So there's my four recommendations. Just some different kinds of stuff to check out.
Lars37

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2002 12:11 am    Post subject: Have you guys heard Sinch? Reply with quote

Hey, metalfilm, slow down!!!
You CAPTAIN of the street team or something?
[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Sinch leaves me cold - I'd heard their stuff before the spam, and it's just....eh. Nothing outstanding about it, nothing horrible about it, it;s just there.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 3:34 am    Post subject: Have you guys heard Sinch? Reply with quote

Just offering a good amount of substitutes for Sinch.

Lacuna Coil's not bad, and I digs the new SOAD a lot. That is truly a band which can do no wrong right now.

SatanicYak owns. I need to hear more right now.
Stark

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2002 6:04 am    Post subject: Have you guys heard Sinch? Reply with quote

Have the SINCH-album and it's OK, even though in that genre I definitely prefer BOILER ROOM, MAD AT GRAVITY, AUDIOVENT, RA, SEVENDUST and TAPROOT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: