HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crue you!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
General Zod

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:46 pm    Post subject: Crue you! Reply with quote

If you like the S/T Crue disc, over the others, than you're just not Crue fan. Which is fine. But saying that you like Crue better with Corabi is no different than saying you like:

Sabbath with Tony Martin over Ozzy or Dio
Maiden with Blaze over Bruce
Priest with Ripper over Halford
Van Halen with Sammy over Dave
etc.
etc.
etc.

It's obviously your right to like any new singer over any original singer. But if you're gonna sit there and say that the Corabi disc was better than any Crue CD with Vince, understand that I would be remiss if I failed to point out that you are filthy blasphemers!

GZ
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 7:09 pm    Post subject: Crue you! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by General Zod:
If you like the S/T Crue disc, over the others, than you're just not Crue fan. Which is fine. But saying that you like Crue better with Corabi is no different than saying you like:

Sabbath with Tony Martin over Ozzy or Dio
Maiden with Blaze over Bruce
Priest with Ripper over Halford
Van Halen with Sammy over Dave
etc.
etc.
etc.

It's obviously your right to like any new singer over any original singer. But if you're gonna sit there and say that the Corabi disc was better than any Crue CD with Vince, understand that I would be remiss if I failed to point out that you are filthy blasphemers!

GZ

Not to get off topic, but I think an argument could definitely be made for Tony Martin era Sabbath, and I'm a fairly big fan of Black Sabbath. The Eternal Idol, Headless Cross, and Tyr albums are all good enough to compete with the Dio era Sabbath and are better than some of the Ozzy Sabbath as well.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2002 10:26 pm    Post subject: Crue you! Reply with quote

I too think that a good number of the post-Ozzy Sabbath albums are better than the Ozzy ones. I'd rather listen to Eternal Idol or Dehumanizer than the debut.
JosephC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 10:51 am    Post subject: Crue you! Reply with quote

I didn't even get the New Tattoo CD, so I can't comment on that one. I was going to just wait and get it when that Japanese box set came out, but then it got delayed and I lost track/interest in it (by the way, did that thing ever see the light of day?).

Anyway, minus New Tattoo, here is how I would rank the Motley Crue CDs:

1. Shout At the Devil
A hair metal classic. One of the great sleeze CDs ever. Even many of the songs that aren't immediately recognizable are great (Red Hot). And there are at least 3 or 4 tracks on here that all go down as metal classics.

2. Too Fast For Love
Maybe would be #1 if you are talking about the original mix. This one is just full of great songs.

3. Dr. Feelgood
#3 and #4 are very close. This one was a bit uneven but the good stuff on here (title track, Dont' Go Away Mad) is as good as and stuff that Motley Crue has ever done.

4. Motley Crue
Grittier and heavy, a breath of maturity for the Crue. Corabi is great on this, and I think Mars sounded far better on this than any other Crue CD (with the possible exception of Feelgood, for all the grief Bob Rock gets, he did fantastic with Crue).

5. Generation Swine
Very uneven but about half of it is pretty good. Afraid is one of the best songs they ever did.

6. Girls, Girls, Girls
Bleech, terrible album. Most of the songs suck and the sound of the CD is just horrible. First two tracks make the cut, the rest of this is a wash. I had basically written them off after this one.

7. Theatre of Pain
I can still remember getting this when it first came out, being excited as all hell, putting it on and........oh sh#t. One of the most disappointing CDs ever in my book. Louder Than Hell is good, Tonite is good, Fight for Your Rights is good (weren't most of those Shout At the Devil leftovers?) - the rest of it is horrible. Smokin in the Boys Room is one of the lamest covers ever. Home Sweet Home was sickening on the first listen, much less the 10,000,000,000th listen once MTV got done with it.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:50 pm    Post subject: Crue you! Reply with quote

I think Crue's best were Too Fast For Love,Shout At The Devil,s/t,Generation Swine,and New Tattoo. Even their worst albums have some good songs on them I think.
General Zod

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 3:53 pm    Post subject: Crue you! Reply with quote

1. Shout - the best Metal CD ever!
2. Too Fast - one of the Top 25 Metal CDs ever.
3. Theater of Pain - awesome disc, I love every song.
4. Dr. Feelgood - showed just how mature the Crue's songwriting could be.
5. New Tattoo - way, way, way under appreciated.
6. Girls - 3 great songs ("Wild Side", "Girls, Girls, Girls" and "Dancing on Glass") and the rest was crap.
7. Generation Swine - a truly bad CD.
8. S/T - this was actually not a Motley CD, regardless of what the cover art may have led you to believe. If you check the credits, you'll find that Vince did not sing on it, therefore it aint Crue.

GZ
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:39 pm    Post subject: Crue you! Reply with quote

I'm confused about your labelling of Shout at the Devil as the best Metal album ever, General Zod. Do you not consider Nevermore a metal band? I thought they released your best metal album.

My order for the albums is:

1.Shout at the Devil- best songs all the way through. Contains some real catchy songs- Bastards, Looks that Kill, Ten Seconds to Love, and Knock 'em Dead Kid. Heavier than most of their material which also makes me want to listen to it more than most of their material. Rating: (8).

2.Dr Feelgood. I like the title track a lot and Kickstart my Heart. Some of the other songs are pretty good, but there is also crap(funny crap but crap) like Sticky Sweet. A fun album. Rating: (7.5).

3.Theater of Pain- only a couple of songs that really stand out. Save Our Souls and Use it Or Lose It(a song that rips its main riff from Breaker by Accept) are cool, but many of the songs are fun, but not particularly good. Rating: (7).

4.Too Fast for Love- very overrated in my opinion. Only Live Wire, Take Me to the Top, and Piece of Your Action really grab my attention. the rest is pretty average. Rating: (7).

5.New Tattoo- Punched in the Teeth by Love is a great song especially when performed live, but for the most part this album is just above average hard rock. There are some hooks here and there, but only the above mentioned song makes me want to come back to this. Rating: (6.5)

6.Girls, Girls, Girls- the first too tracks are killer, but after that it's kindof weak. I do like the ballad at the end and Bad Boy Boogie has a decent hook, but like I said the stuff is kindof weaker. Rating: (6).

Don't have the rest, and unless I find them really cheap I'm not going to buy them.
General Zod

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:44 am    Post subject: Crue you! Reply with quote

"Shout" will always be my favorite Metal CD. It holds a senimental value that no other CD will ever touch. "Dreaming Neon Black" will be left to do battle with "Passion & Warfare", "Operation: Mindcrime" and "Apple" for the #2 spot.

GZ
beccabecca

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 8:09 am    Post subject: Crue you! Reply with quote

Corabi made Crue different... No it wasn't the original members of Crue.. but are you going to tell me that without Tommy that you think they are Crue or does the same thing stand for Tommy not being there... ??? Was Black Sabbath .. Black Sabbath without Ozzy??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: