HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Record store angst!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deamon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: Record store angst! Reply with quote

I am really angry. Last weekend I decided it was finally time to get Dio's latest release so I set out to the local record shop. Store #1. No luck. Store clerk said she'd never heard of Dio and thought I might be looking for Radio Heads or something like that. I thanked her and went on my way. Store #2. Finally somebody had Dio---only it was Last In Line for $19.99 and nothing else. Store #3. No Dio still. I talk to three clerks this time. Finally somebody knows who I am talking about, Yeah, he's the guy from Black Sabbath. What do they lead me to: Ozzy! They lead me to Ozzy Osbourne and tell me that is what I am looking for and that I must be mistaken about the name of the band or singer. By now I have had it. I go home and get on eBay. No wonder why the record companies aren't selling CDs---YOU CANT'T FIND THEM!!!
Lars37

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Record store angst! Reply with quote

No, no, you don't understand...ONLINE PIRACY is the reason that the more recent Dio CDs are not in record stores, and ONLINE PIRACY is the reason that a 20-year-old CD is still priced the same as a new one, and ONLINE PIRACY is the reason that most record store clerks are brain-dead mongoloids who can't tell the difference between Dio, "Radio Heads" and Ozzy Osbourne.

As soon as you figure out that ONLINE PIRACY is the cause of all that ails the music industry, you'll be less angry at the record companies and more angry at the actual culprits - the ONLINE PIRATES!!!

( By the way, the Online Pirates would be a pretty good band name! )
MUTANT

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 8:15 pm    Post subject: Record store angst! Reply with quote

PIRACY---that is the excuse I have been hearing why all of the major distributor and stores only sell music for little kids (Britney Spears, Shakira, etc.) and old people (Niel Biamond, etc.)---because everybody eles is downloading.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 9:37 pm    Post subject: Record store angst! Reply with quote

This is why I buy all of my music online. The stores never have a damn thing and the people that work there are clueless.
nitro4040

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2003 10:16 pm    Post subject: Record store angst! Reply with quote

We are lucky to have a few decent cd shops where you can find stuff, but I usually order online. The End Records has been great. I actually found Dio's latest in the used bin of the local Warehouse, but you would hardly ever find anything real good there new.
Mijarra

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 6:50 pm    Post subject: Record store angst! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by iwarrior:
This is why I buy all of my music online. The stores never have a damn thing and the people that work there are clueless.

You got that right! The only local exception I can think of is one store in a mall that has a section labeled "Extreme Metal". They have good stuff in there sometimes, but the clerks are still clueless. Other than that, online is way to go.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:24 pm    Post subject: Record store angst! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Lars37:
and ONLINE PIRACY is the reason that most record store clerks are brain-dead mongoloids who can't tell the difference between Dio, "Radio Heads" and Ozzy Osbourne.

Listen, record stores clerks had been severely retarded since the dawn of time. In 1992 (no Internet, MP3, piracy or any other silly excuse), I entered Sam Goody in Manhattan, looking for Thin Lizzy albums. It took me 15 minutes to get the IMBECILE understand that Thin Lizzy wasn't the nickname of a singer called Elizabeth, and when he finally found the band under "T" (no kidding, the IDIOT knew the alphabet), of course the album I was looking for wasn't there.

Bottomline, buy online.
Jeff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2003 11:57 pm    Post subject: Record store angst! Reply with quote

i got the " Blind Guardian huh... Whatever!! " from the lady at Warehouse music when i picked up " A night at the Opera "
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: