HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello again!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Neckbreaker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Hello again! Reply with quote

Metalfilm! Or should I say Mattfilm? Welcome back. It's been a while since I've read one of your posts. Always good to hear from the guy that turned me on to Riot and Savage.

Help me out here - you're from NYC right? I will be there on Sunday for a whole week and I need to know where the good cd stores are. I am staying on the upper West Side but I have an entire week to nose around so I should be able to hit one or two stores at least. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As a side note, I remember that back when you wrote for Illiterature you were going to have an article/review of a bunch of Savage albums. Did that ever get published before Ill Lit went under?

Finally, I thought you'd like to know that I scored a copy of the double disc Scorpions Tokyo Tapes for $9. Didn't you pay some obscene price before it got remastered? Ahh, the memories!

NP Overdrive - Swords
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:41 am    Post subject: Hello again! Reply with quote

Neckbreaker, the best stores are on St Marks Place in the East Village. Very easy to find. Also, west of those in Greenwich Village, you can find come good stores like Generation Records, Bleecker Bob's, Bleecker Street Records and Disc-O-Rama.

The Savage interview was never published, sad to say!

As for Tokyo Tapes, my 44-dollar double CD is pretty worthless now that it's been remastered on one disc (well, they clipped "Polar Nights")! Have fun in NYC!!
LEV1ATHAN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 9:24 pm    Post subject: Hello again! Reply with quote

Hiya Matt!! And hello to everyone else! I've been away for some time myself (yes Crusader, I have come down from my mountain hide-away once again LOL). As for who coined the term "Hardboardian"... I remember when it first came into play, but can't remember who started it. Dam, that was a long time ago!

Anyway... Hello once again to all my friends, and also to future friends. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
\n/

Rokken On,
...(_E\/|/\TH/\N
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:33 am    Post subject: Hello again! Reply with quote

Leviathan? WOW, a blast from the past. Welcome back.
Motorola

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 1:12 pm    Post subject: Hello again! Reply with quote

Welcome back MF1, I sure remember you.
Just an average joe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:09 am    Post subject: Hello again! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Metalfilm1:
I've been reading a lot of non-fiction lately:

Gangs of New York--Herbert Asbury
Five Points--Tyler Anbinder
Hitler's Willing Executioners: Ordinary Germans and the Holocaust--Daniel Jonah Goldhagen

Hitler's Willing Executionsers is a great book. I had to read that for a history class in college.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: