HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Progpower IV acts announced:
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:00 pm    Post subject: Progpower IV acts announced: Reply with quote

I'd kindof like to go just to see Nightwish, but I don't know how worth it it would be to see just that one group. I suppose I could always check out some new bands.
EdwardTHead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:34 pm    Post subject: Progpower IV acts announced: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind seeing Rage, Nightwish and Circle II Circle. Maybe I'll buy a ticket for the first time, if I have the money.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Progpower IV acts announced: Reply with quote

Mercenary and Pagan's Mind?? YES!
FALCON

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:37 pm    Post subject: Progpower IV acts announced: Reply with quote

Another No-Brainer...

Evergrey! comments soon...

(Looks like best lineup YET, little disappointed with NO Iced Earth? What gives "Nightwish" will be an utter treat.)
woosta

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 6:05 pm    Post subject: Progpower IV acts announced: Reply with quote

Best lineup yet? Last year was Gamma Ray, Edguy, Blind Guardian, Angra, Threshold, and Strapping Young Lad among others. I don't this year is even close to that.
General Zod

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 9:34 pm    Post subject: Progpower IV acts announced: Reply with quote

As usual, I'd agree with FALCON and disagree with woosta. Anyone shocked?

I did some CD shopping during the second half of Gamma Ray. Blind Guardian gave a aurprisingly fairly uninspired performance given it was their first U.S. appearance. They were so much better a week later in NYC. Threshold bores me. Devin Townsend (not Strapping Young Lad) was fairly dull as well.

This year's festival:

Symphony X - it will be my 5th time seeing them (I've seen them twice and I'm seeing twice this weekend). One of the best bands on the planet.

Evergrey - will be my 3rd time seeing them (seen them once and going to see them at BW&BK). Also one of the best acts around.

Vanden Plas - can't friggin wait. Hopefully they don't punk out again.

Pagan's Mind - the best young band around. "Celestial Entrance" was one of the best discs of 2002.

Mercenary - totally dig the new disc. It will be nice to hear a band this aggressive at PP.

Redemption - haven't heard them yet, but I'm so looking forward to hearing Corey Brown sing live.

Circle II Circle - similarly to Redemption, I have yet to hear them, but am totally psyched to see Zack sing live.

Should be a phenomenal show. I can't wait.

GZ
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 12:24 am    Post subject: Progpower IV acts announced: Reply with quote

Blabbermouth:

[b]PROGPOWER USA IV: The Official Press Release - Mar. 12, 2003

Finland's NIGHTWISH and Germany's RAGE have been confirmed to make their American debuts as headliners of ProgPower USA IV, which returns to Atlanta's Earthlink Live on September 5 and 6.

"It is always exciting for us as a band to take on new areas and see how our stuff goes down there," said NIGHTWISH bassist Marco Hietala. "This time it's also quite flattering because we know that the USA and Great Britain are very hard places to win when you come from out of their native language areas, and to play as a headliner for our first time ever in the US... Wow, we'll do our best!”

After two decades together, RAGE will make their long overdue first appearance on U.S. soil. “It's great that RAGE will play the ProgPower festival this year,” said Peavy Wagner. “Finally, after all these years, we can rock the U.S. metalheads. It's gonna be fantastic.”

Joining NIGHTWISH and RAGE, which will both perform exclusively at ProgPower USA IV, are New Jersey's SYMPHONY X, Sweden's EVERGREY, Florida's CIRCLE II CIRCLE, Germany's VANDEN PLAS, Italy's SECRET SPHERE, Denmark's MERCENARY, Norway's PAGAN'S MIND, and California's REDEMPTION, which now features vocalist Corey Brown, formerly of MAGNITUDE NINE and PSYCHO DRAMA.

ProgPower IV will be the U.S. debuts for VANDEN PLAS, SECRET SPHERE, MERCENARY, and PAGAN'S MIND.

"I'm very excited about performing at the ProgPower festival this year," said former SAVATAGE vocalist Zack Stevens, who currently fronts CIRCLE II CIRCLE. "It's well known as one of the best metal festivals — even Ozzfest doesn't showcase the 'best metal bands' from America and Europe!”

Tickets for ProgPower IV go on sale May 5 at 10 a.m. EST via all Ticketmaster outlets. Advance "Gold Badge" tickets are already sold out. Only 800 tickets will be made available to the public.

Last year's festival — which featured BLIND GUARDIAN, GAMMA RAY, ANGRA, EDGUY, THRESHOLD, PAIN OF SALVATION, DEVIN TOWNSEND, SILENT FORCE, ZERO HOUR, and READING ZERO — sold out in just six days, four months in advance of the show. Tickets were sold to 36 States and 18 countries as far away as Japan.

ProgPower USA is an affiliate of the ProgPower Europe Festival.

Sponsorship and advertisement opportunities are available via the ProgPower USA website and official program. A free CD sampler will be distributed to attendees. Interested bands should contact ProgPower USA.

Visit [url=http://www.progpowerusa.com]www.progpowerusa.com[/url] for complete event information. [/b]

My jaw almost hit the floor when I saw Psyco Drama listed, but lucky for fans, it's not them (holy shit, did that band suck).
rockin500

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 7:48 am    Post subject: Progpower IV acts announced: Reply with quote

i wish it would be up here in chicago! [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

i'd like to see some of those bands.
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:13 pm    Post subject: Progpower IV acts announced: Reply with quote

You guys who have been before might be able to answer some of my questions:

1.Is there a good place to park near there?

2.Are there hotels anywhere near it? and if so do you know if they are expensive or not?

3.Is the overall experience worth it?

4.When my ears are getting tired is there somewhere to go to get away from the music(wouldn't want to lose all my hearing for a festival)?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: