HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Progpower IV acts announced:
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woosta

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Progpower IV acts announced: Reply with quote

Place to park: right beside. $10 last year.

Hotels: Granada is probably full. There are all kinds of hotels in the outskirts ranging from $80ish to very expensive.

Overall experience: The best place to see a show. The best environment. The coolest people. Worth the trip just for that.

tired ears: hallway, outside, etc. No problem. The best arranged and managed festival/show you'll see. I promise you'll want to go every year.
General Zod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Progpower IV acts announced: Reply with quote

Wow. woosta and I agree.

The Grenada, if you can afford it, is the best place to stay. It's on the same street as the venue, about a 300 yard walk. I believe there are still single rooms available. They are $150 a night plus a 14% hotel tax. A little bit further is the Fairfield Inn. Not as nice, but about $75 a night.

The venue may just be the best venue I've ever been to for this type of show. It is just beautiful. A perfect setup.

If your ears get tired, go out into the halls. Since thats where the bars and vendors are, there's always a lot going on out there.

The experience is so worth it. The people are phenomenal. The hotels become frat houses for the duration of the festivals. Parties every night, until dawn and often beyond. Just walk down the hall, and you'll find crowded rooms, with open doors, and the musicans who are playing the festival just hanging out, drinking and BSing with everyone.

This will be my 3rd trip. I've had Gold Badges each of those years. The last two years I bought my badges blind, without knowing who was going to play. I'd go if no one was playing. It's that much fun. Plus, you'll get to drink with FALCON and I. What could be better?

GZ
FALCON

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:25 pm    Post subject: Progpower IV acts announced: Reply with quote

That's right Jake, Anamal, AZRock, Heathermetal, Lionheart, T-Rabbit we need some more party companions.

Now, more of the lineup.

This is a great diverse promotion of some stellar acts. Kudoz to Glenn, very well done.

Symphony X - incredible act, I was so out of touch by that portion of PP2.0 that I remember little, just the Romeo can shred, in focus or not, huh. Just off the best progmetal album in sometime should be incredible.

Evergrey - the best band out there on my list. They drove the BAR past any obtainable level @ 2.0 and can come back every Year, if not to party on the off one, GZ keep Henrick away from the misses though, HUH btw Recreation Day is stellar, new direction Killer music, sitting atop of the 2003 pile.

Vanden Plas - I love this sound. I was very disappointed at their missing 2.0, there last few discs have been brilliant. Can't wait to see.

Circle to Circle - Zak simply is one of my alltime favorite vocalists, real intrigued to see what this band can do.

Nightwish - I have been screaming for some of the finer type to change up the utter Power of the performances with some grace. This band is my favorite in this type of diversion. I am very eager to hear them play.

Rage - WOW, great pick, they will provided the Powermetal for sure, I felt "Ghosts" was a great album and again last year "Unity" was strong. I like their symphonic sound, it should come across great live.

Mercenary - David Miller a great PP veteran from Philly turned me onto right after PP2.0 and the disc just grew on me all of last year. Finally, some grunting and roaring. YES, this band is tight, great addition! Best of the lot for the change up factor.

Pagan's Mind - Both discs rule, this band is a very intriguing presence. Kinda the "Zero Hour" factor, knowing this band can bring it, great pick.

Secret Sphere - the disc I have gets played a lot, in the Dream Theater realm, lots of classical influences, incredible beyond good guitar player.

Redemption - much better than waiting for Reading Zero, wildcard, I will get the disc and go from there, the mp3s I have heard sound good. If not, I need one band to hunt down a cubicle and some PP friends (ala GZ) for some cool frosties...

Incredible sounding venue, lots of discs, have bought between 10-20 discs each time there. That won't change, still catching up on listening to some from November...
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Progpower IV acts announced: Reply with quote

Well, now I really feel I should go to this. Don't know whether or not it will happen though. I think I'll have to see if I can get a friend to come with me. If not I'm not sure. Some people can't make up their minds so far in advance. I'd really love to see Nightwish though regardless.
Lionheart

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Progpower IV acts announced: Reply with quote

I'm really gonna try to make it this year. Would love to meet some of the folks like FALCON and co as I've heard nothing but good things regarding the festival.

I like the line-up this year. You can never please everybody and while I would have chosen two or three or four different bands, it's still a very good line-up.

Vanden Plas - This would be the highlight for me. One of my fave bands going today and would absolutely love to see them live. I hear they put on quite a live performance too. The only disappointing thing is the one hour and 3rd slot. They should be headlining or at least 4th.

Evergrey - It's Evergrey..enough said, would be an awesome experience.

Symphony X - It's Symphony X, what more can you ask for. Especially since they cancelled (actually Blind Guardian did) last year and I couldn't catch them.

Nightwish - Was never really a fan of theirs until I saw the DVD last year and then I was enthralled...especially with Tarja. This would be so awesome to see.

Rage - I really like Unity and some other cd's like Ghosts and Trapped!...need to give some others some more spins, but a good band (although I would not put them as the headliner).

Redemption - Love the singing of Corey Brown although I still haven't heard this disc. From the sound of it, I'm pretty sure I will.

Circle II Circle - I've heard only one full song so far from them and I love it. It's Zak Stevens so it would be something that I'd really like. Can't wait to hear the full cd.

Mercenary - I just finished hearing this band for the first time today and saw their mini-video. Surprisingly not bad at all... The 'death vocals' aren't as annoying with some very nice aggressive guitars, although certainly the least anticipated of the bunch.

Pagan's Mind - Will be intersting to see if they can pull off their material live as they have so many things going on with the studio cd that it's gonna be tough. Nonetheless, I dig "Celestial Entrance" so this would be very cool to see.

Secret Sphere - I really liked their 2nd cd from '01 alot. Reminded me of Labyrinth in all the good ways. Their first one was a bit by the numbers power metal. A bit of a surprise with their inclusion, but a pleasant one. They should have a third one out by the time of the festival hopefully.

James
Valhallen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 1:33 am    Post subject: Progpower IV acts announced: Reply with quote

I wasn't suprised to see that Evergrey will be there, but what happened to Iced Earth? I thought it was mentioned before that there was a possibly of IE being one of the headliners, hmmmm.

Anyway, I haven't heard of half to the roster for ProgPower 4; Circle II Circle, Mercenary, Redemption, Pagan's Mind, and Secret Sphere. I need to get familiar with them before September!
General Zod

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2003 7:43 am    Post subject: Progpower IV acts announced: Reply with quote

Iced Earth wanted too much money.

GZ
Valhallen

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 12:41 am    Post subject: Progpower IV acts announced: Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by General Zod:
Iced Earth wanted too much money.

GZ

Oh yeah? Well that figures...
anamal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 10:43 am    Post subject: Progpower IV acts announced: Reply with quote

I am so there!!!!!!Falcon..we gotta hook up this year and talk shop..later Danny
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: