HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What Was The First CD You Ever Bought Online?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwarrior

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:28 am    Post subject: What Was The First CD You Ever Bought Online? Reply with quote

Mine was Overdrive's Swords and Axes. What was yours?
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 2:56 am    Post subject: What Was The First CD You Ever Bought Online? Reply with quote

Hmm...I guess...probably Helloween's 2-disc _Master Of The Rings_, the reason I got on ebay in the first place.

I'd bought through mailorder before, but that was because of those catalogues that drop out of every Century Media CD.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 4:02 am    Post subject: What Was The First CD You Ever Bought Online? Reply with quote

Actually, that can't be right...I remember buying stuff from people on the 'net (not ebay though) back when I lived in an apartment...so, uh...hmm. Oh shit, I know - it was a package of a few, it had Nuclear Assault's _Game Over/The Plague_, Iced Earth's _Night Of The Stormrider_, and...uh...I think Nuclear Assault's _Something Wicked_.
Raider

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 6:37 am    Post subject: What Was The First CD You Ever Bought Online? Reply with quote

I'm not positive, but I think I ordered Iced Earth's SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES and Arch Enemy's BURNING BRIDGES at the same time from CDNow back in '98 or '99. Now I do virtually all of my CD shopping online.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:32 pm    Post subject: What Was The First CD You Ever Bought Online? Reply with quote

**** if I'm remember, that was 8 years ago or more. I'm not sure if it was CDNow or a distro now dissapeared (which name I can't remember).

I guess it was a Tony MacAlpine album, damn I can't remember [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]
EdwardTHead

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2003 1:34 pm    Post subject: What Was The First CD You Ever Bought Online? Reply with quote

The first stuff I bought on line would have been back in 93 or 94 when CDNow was just an FTP site. I think I got some Gary Moore and some other stuff but I can't remember right now. I do remember it was really cheap, under ten bucks for a CD.
Stark

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 3:48 am    Post subject: What Was The First CD You Ever Bought Online? Reply with quote

hehe... mine was actually Locomotive Breath "Train Of Evets", yepp our own debut album. I only had one copy and the label's gone bust. I ordered it from Germany (only 7.95 USD)... I ordered 10 copies and they offered COD, so I went for it, got a order receipt.
But when i got the shipping receipt they had only sent one (1) copy. I mailed them and they only had one left. It was now 23 USD including postage and COD-cost. As it was already shipped there was nothing to do... When I received it I had to pay 38 USD!!! as the Swedish postal service (there's a contardicion in terms if any) had added a fee for them transfering the COD-money to Germany!! So I ended up paying 38 USD for a copy of my own album!
Badboy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:46 pm    Post subject: What Was The First CD You Ever Bought Online? Reply with quote

My entire Iced Earth collection.
Valhallen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 10:44 pm    Post subject: What Was The First CD You Ever Bought Online? Reply with quote

I first online purchase was in 1998. I don't exactly remember all that I got other than these:

Power of Omens - Eye of the Oracle
Pain of Salvation - One Hour By The Concrete Lake
3 others

The online vendor was Moremetal.com. It don't think this vendor exist anymore.

Since then, I have ordered CDs form several other vendors and from Ebay.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: