HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Death of Metal
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samsalt1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 4:41 pm    Post subject: The Death of Metal Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by setvnY:
quote:
Originally posted by wyvern:

... we hate Nazis like you!

Well, well now, looks who's doing the hating.

Wyvern,
you're beginning to sound like one yourself..[/QB]

I, too, am a Jewish metalhead. I lurk these boards only to learn about this "metal" so that I can understand the people interested in it and take over their feeble minds to feed my monstrous bank account that I, and all other Jews, are born with. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
SetvnY, that is the most ridiculous post I have ever seen. What in the hell does being Jewish have to do with anything? Its called the evolution of music and I dont like it any more than any other true metalhead but I`m surely not
going to blame it on some group of people based on race or religion. When you do those kind of things it makes you appear to be one of those people that always blame others for their shortcomings and problems. Its only music and a metalhead is a metalhead. There is no secret group of Jews involved in a musical conspiracy. Havvah, nageelah havvah...... [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Mijarra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 5:37 pm    Post subject: The Death of Metal Reply with quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mijarra:...
Good God in Heaven, what are you TALKING ABOUT???? My Jewish buddy, who, incidentally, has been in a few metal bands himself, would surely enjoy debating this with you. If I were you, I'd do it from a distance though....maybe via telephone....from a different continent...while wearing a helmet.

Gee, you got me shakin', Pedro.

On a slightly different note.

Why do you seem appalled by my seemingly "politically incorrect" posts, yet it's okay for you to posts your own suggestions of violence...?

Don't you in some way, also exercise some degree of bias?[/QB]

Politically incorrect? I think what you posted was far beyond politically incorrect. Where do you live that it is acceptable to talk to people like that? I am probably the LEAST politically correct person on the planet, but there is a difference between "political correctness" and just plain ignorance and stupidity. You are the latter....Pedro.
Scorchin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 6:40 pm    Post subject: The Death of Metal Reply with quote

can we put this back on topic puhlease ....
and if anyone can't communicate w/o making racial, ethnic or religious slurs you gotta go, no room for that on this board..
Raider

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 5:27 am    Post subject: The Death of Metal Reply with quote

I agree with almost everything you said but one thing: that there were no great new bands coming up as the classic ones were fading. There were plenty of great bands, they just weren't getting any exposure and nobody knew about them. Even within the metal scene there are many awesome bands I know of from the late '80s/early '90s that most metal fans are unfamiliar with, and on the same note I'm frequently seeing people on this board and the other I visit mentioning a band from the late '80s/early '90s which turns out to be amazing that neither me nor most of the others on the board knew about before.

For whatever reason, the conditions were just right when Priest, Maiden, and many of the others were fairly young for them to get known, and those conditions just didn't exist anymore as those bands were getting past their prime. I honestly have no idea why. It's be
setvnY

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject: The Death of Metal Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mijarra:
Politically incorrect? I think what you posted was far beyond politically incorrect. Where do you live that it is acceptable to talk to people like that? I am probably the LEAST politically correct person on the planet, but there is a difference between "political correctness" and just plain ignorance and stupidity. You are the latter....Pedro.[/QB]

Pedro,
If you had a keener level of discernment, you would have been able to read through the original "conspiracy" post and realized that it was a parody.

I can't help you for what you inherently lack, but may I suggest you tone down your rhetoric and take some kind of anger management sessions.

You ought to know that anger and hatred is not only bad for your general health and is not a very bright idea.
Mijarra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 5:15 pm    Post subject: The Death of Metal Reply with quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mijarra:
Politically incorrect? I think what you posted was far beyond politically incorrect. Where do you live that it is acceptable to talk to people like that? I am probably the LEAST politically correct person on the planet, but there is a difference between "political correctness" and just plain ignorance and stupidity. You are the latter....Pedro.

Pedro,
If you had a keener level of discernment, you would have been able to read through the original "conspiracy" post and realized that it was a parody.

I can't help you for what you inherently lack, but may I suggest you tone down your rhetoric and take some kind of anger management sessions.

You ought to know that anger and hatred is not only bad for your general health and is not a very bright idea.[/QB]

(taking deep breath)

Scorchin has asked politely for us to get back to topic, which is why I'm not going to respond to this volley. I suggest you consider doing the same.
JesseR72

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 5:16 pm    Post subject: The Death of Metal Reply with quote

Ah SetvnY, I see you're making friends on this board too. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

I too pretty much agree with Zod's post. I'd just like to add that during those years that metal "died" and Grunge/alternative took over, it was also a time of instablilty for the top dogs of Metal. Dickenson left Maiden, Halford left Priest, Vince Neil left the Crue, CC left Poison, Dokken was toast, Helloween couldn't get their albums released in the states, Metallica basically took those years off (should've taken some more years off), Van Halen wasn't putting anything new out. I think all of this factors in. Like ya said, Grunge just filled a void.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 10:42 pm    Post subject: The Death of Metal Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Scorchin:
can we put this back on topic puhlease ....
and if anyone can't communicate w/o making racial, ethnic or religious slurs you gotta go, no room for that on this board..

Intersting point. How many poisonous post do we have to tolerate before take action and answer back?

Sure I can pass over and let it go, but how I'm going to know if those post are not poisoning some other people already?

[b]With all due respect[/b] my belief is that the moderator of a forum finds a post that is against the decency and line of the forum it should be removed before the damage is done.

Excuse me if I misunderstood the function of the moderator, and I also apologize for let myself got carried away, but a racist bigot is something I'll never tolerate.
General Zod

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2003 10:23 am    Post subject: The Death of Metal Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Raider:
I agree with almost everything you said but one thing: that there were no great new bands coming up as the classic ones were fading. There were plenty of great bands, they just weren't getting any exposure and nobody knew about them.

Who would you say the great new bands were at that time, with the exception of Pantera?

GZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: