HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Opeth????????
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ug

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 2:35 am    Post subject: Opeth???????? Reply with quote

I was suppose to be happy today because finally I got "Damnation". Third song into the album and I'm beginning to wonder if this is the Opeth I used to know or a Pink Floyd tribute band. Where is the awesome band that gave us the excellent Still Life and Morningrise or even Deliverance.

Can anyone tell me what the hell happened? If there are no Opeth fans here then just ignore me and let me drown in my temporary misery. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]
General Zod

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 8:21 am    Post subject: Opeth???????? Reply with quote

"Damnation" has been called a "companion piece" to "Deliverance". Mikael decided that he wanted to do an acoustic CD, with no Death vocals. I'm not sure if you we're expecting a typical Opeth release or not. Regardless, give "Damnation" a chance. Try to see it as a great band simply spreading it's creative wings. Currently, it's my disc of the year, as I think it is simply brilliant.

GZ
Paul G

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 9:13 am    Post subject: Opeth???????? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ug'stoneage genius'Ogson:
I was suppose to be happy today because finally I got "Damnation". Third song into the album and I'm beginning to wonder if this is the Opeth I used to know or a Pink Floyd tribute band. Where is the awesome band that gave us the excellent Still Life and Morningrise or even Deliverance.

Can anyone tell me what the hell happened? If there are no Opeth fans here then just ignore me and let me drown in my temporary misery. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

- This is really old news Opeth made it very clear a long time ago that DAmnation was the mellow companion record to Deliverance. Originally both were supposed to as a double CD release.

No need to worry for the future this was a one shot deal, they will return to the heavy stuff for their next disc, supposedly an "occult" concept piece
Ug

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 10:21 am    Post subject: Opeth???????? Reply with quote

Zod- You're right, I was expecting a typical Opeth. I don't doubt their abilities, but this one is a bit hard to swallow, maybe in time I'll get used to it. Thank god it's just a one-off project, I don't want them to go electronica on me!

Paul-I can only blame it on my ignorance, since Opeth has my unlimited confidence, I don't really bother myself with what they're planning to release. I just buy it as soon as it comes out. Well I not worried, now I will wait for the next one. In the meantime, I'll give this one couple more spins.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Opeth???????? Reply with quote

quote:
know or a Pink Floyd tribute band. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img] [/QB]
Well if it really sounds like Pink floyd, I have to check it out, maybe now is worth to have an album.

Any place to check for MP3s of this album?
Wyvern

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 7:30 pm    Post subject: Opeth???????? Reply with quote

Actually I found the MP3s samples, and frankly I found what I heard utterly boring, not pregressive, not metal, not nothing, it can be even radio friendly fro which I heard.

Now if you want some really good prog metal check Derek Sherinian "Black Utopia" [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
iwarrior

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 7:55 am    Post subject: Opeth???????? Reply with quote

The only two Opeth cd's I've liked are Still Life and Blackwater Park.
General Zod

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 9:09 am    Post subject: Opeth???????? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by iwarrior:
The only two Opeth cd's I've liked are Still Life and Blackwater Park.

This could mean that you've yet to hear "Morningrise" and "My Arms, Your Hearse".

GZ
nitro4040

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 10:48 am    Post subject: Opeth???????? Reply with quote

Damnation is pretty cool. Mellow, not all acoustic, think the mellow parts of Blackwater Park and Deliverance throughout the entire cd. i need to spin it a few more times to get a real good feel, but I like it as a change of pace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: