HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

looking for the band that sang these lyrics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The BitShifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 6:49 pm    Post subject: looking for the band that sang these lyrics Reply with quote

Hmm, other than the 1986 "I'm A Real Man" by blues-rocker John Hiatt, I can't find any other reference to these lyrics. And the bands most likely to cover/lift blues lyrics (Other than modern-day Metallica [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] ) in that period would be Badlands, Every Mother's Nightmare, Faster Pussycat, Dangerous Toys, maybe even Damn Yankees. Couldn't find lyrics like this on any of their works...
kyuss13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2002 6:55 pm    Post subject: looking for the band that sang these lyrics Reply with quote

If I remember properly, more of an anthrax after they got the new singer type sound, Those lyrics are what have stuck in my head all these years.
kyuss13

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: looking for the band that sang these lyrics Reply with quote

I asked this a long time ago....I'm still looking for this song. Any new people here maybe know the answer? I would love to find this song again, trying to find it has been a quest for years now....thankx
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 4:11 pm    Post subject: looking for the band that sang these lyrics Reply with quote

That sounds like torture. Sometimes I'll remember a part of a song and then not remember where it's from, but eventually I can forget about it. I guess if you really like the sound of it, you don't want to forget it. Unfortunately I have no idea what song that is. I never listened to radio back in that time period.
Icarus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:03 pm    Post subject: looking for the band that sang these lyrics Reply with quote

HOLY CRAP another post from the past!
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2003 7:38 pm    Post subject: looking for the band that sang these lyrics Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by kyuss13:
I asked this a long time ago....I'm still looking for this song. Any new people here maybe know the answer? I would love to find this song again, trying to find it has been a quest for years now....thankx

Oh, my...

Seriously, I would've made my peace with it by now...
EdwardTHead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 6:07 am    Post subject: looking for the band that sang these lyrics Reply with quote

Are you sure those are the lyrics? I remember a song that had the line, "Don't Drink, Don't Smoke". Other then that I can't help you out.

Boy did I freak out when I saw Ratqueen, then I looked at the date. [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]
EdwardTHead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 6:23 am    Post subject: looking for the band that sang these lyrics Reply with quote

well trying out Google I got this
[url=http://home.austin.rr.com/austinamericana/reviews/review-bob.html ]http://home.austin.rr.com/austinamericana/reviews/review-bob.html[/u rl]
looks like a recent release but maybe it's a cover.

Here's another close one
Where are You Tonight
Lonesome Bob

I had that dream of you last night, again
Your were running, leaving footprints in the sand, again
As I followed I fell farther, behind
'Til the footprints washed away, in the tide
And I stood there calling out to you
Watching as you faded out of view

Where are you tonight
Where are you tonight

I wake up not knowing where I am, sometimes
Reality and dreams become, entwined
As I stumble through the darkness, I find
Memories of you the daylight leaves, behind
And I stand there reaching out to you
Watching as you fade out of view

Where are you tonight
Where are you tonight

I sit, I stare, I wonder, I swear
I drink, I smoke, I breathe, I choke
I sleep, I dream, I speak, I scream
I walk, I fall, I stumble, I crawl

I had that dream of you last night, again
I held you in my arms last night, again
I kissed your fevered brow last night, again
I watched you fade away last night, again

I walk, I try, I talk, I lie
I wallow, I think, I move, I sink
I lay in my bed, replaying every word I said
I work, I slave
I dig my own grave

Where are you tonight
I wonder
Where are you tonight

Where are you tonight
Where are you tonight
Where are you tonight

Ok so it seems to be the same guy but maybe that's a start. I hate amazon now, I tried to look just for a song title like you could on CDNow but you can't do that any more. I'm guessing that it's a cover of some sort.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:20 am    Post subject: looking for the band that sang these lyrics Reply with quote

Sounds like it might be an MOD,SOD,or DRI song.

Could also be something by Dayglo Abortions. I'm trying to think of sardonic metal bands.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: