HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

QUEENSRYCHE'S TRIBE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
General Zod

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:15 am    Post subject: QUEENSRYCHE'S TRIBE Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Metal1:
First, are we ever going to hear a new CD that sounds like the Rage thru Empire era?

No. Never. That's not who they are any longer as people or musicians.

quote:
Originally posted by Metal1:
OK. Point 2. I know when I get this CD (and I will,) I'm going to be pissed off about the mix. For the last couple CD's, its like they are recording the vox inside a 4'x4' box!

Tate's vocals haven't sounded this good since "Promise Land".

GZ
live4metal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 6:02 pm    Post subject: QUEENSRYCHE'S TRIBE Reply with quote

Well it sounds like Queensryche won't be winning back any old fans with this new cd.And anyone still holding out hope that Operation:Mindcrime part 2 is on the way can just plain 4get it,it ain't gonna happen.It seems strange to me how bands like Queensryche,Def Leppard and Metallica seem dead set against giving the fans what they want.More of what propelled them to fame in the first place.
speed-demon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 6:07 pm    Post subject: QUEENSRYCHE'S TRIBE Reply with quote

3 or 4 good tracks and the rest are pretty bad, St. Anger whips the piss out of Tribe, Queensryche is done
slavettgrind

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 11:52 pm    Post subject: QUEENSRYCHE'S TRIBE Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by speed-demon:
3 or 4 good tracks and the rest are pretty bad, St. Anger whips the piss out of Tribe, Queensryche is done

You fdont have to like the cd(I am nto particularily in love with it either..some ok stuff though) but lets not make comments we can not take back.
Metal1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2003 6:54 am    Post subject: QUEENSRYCHE'S TRIBE Reply with quote

I think they both suck.

QR is much better live now than they are in studio, however, so I give them a big nod.
Icarus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2003 9:41 am    Post subject: QUEENSRYCHE'S TRIBE Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by speed-demon:

Oh boy, looks like Lars is back on the boards again defending his crap.
TageRyche

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: QUEENSRYCHE'S TRIBE Reply with quote

I've liked everything Queensryche has done up to an including Hear In the Now Frontier.

However, since then they have really been on a downward spiral. Q2K was terrible, Live Evolution combined poor sound, what seemed to me like off key vocals, and the poorest packaging I've ever seen.

Now we come to Tribe which based on just my first listen so far is better than Q2K, but not much more than that.

The first song "Open" is excellent.

I also love the song "Desert Dance"

However, after that I just don't hear anything that really draws my ear.

The lyrics or maybe it's their delivery on the rest of the songs were almost off putting. They sounded more like they belonged on Geoff Tate's solo album.

Where's the Queensryche epic sound? It still sounds like a muddled mix.

I'm going to listen some more but first impression is that it's another disappointment.
LEV1ATHAN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:15 pm    Post subject: QUEENSRYCHE'S TRIBE Reply with quote

Thanks for the reviews... I'll check this out [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
speed-demon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:56 pm    Post subject: QUEENSRYCHE'S TRIBE Reply with quote

I am not a big fan of St. Anger but at least half its tracks aren't grungey acoustic based slop that's on Tribe.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: