HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lars, Lars, Lars...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
General Zod

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Lars, Lars, Lars... Reply with quote

Clipped from Blabbermouth.net:

"To me, I will not have METALLICA and a bunch of second-rate bands. It's gotta be the bans who are innovators, and whether you like him or you hate him, Fred Durst is an innovator. Fred Durst is a ****in' pioneer, and I will yell that from every rooftop. And so are LINKIN PARK."

Personally, I have no desire to partake in all the Metallica bashing that goes on these days. However, I just thought this was too funny not to share. A pioneer? Really? It's amazing how money and success can separate you from reality. The only innovative thing Durst has done was hold a nationwide guitar player search that allowed him to steal music from hundreds of struggling musicians, because he and his bandmates lack the talent required to write their own music.

Greg in NJ
Ug

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:38 pm    Post subject: Lars, Lars, Lars... Reply with quote

I think he is temporarily insane from all the negative comments he got from St. Stinker.
JosephC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2003 8:43 pm    Post subject: Lars, Lars, Lars... Reply with quote

I agree with Lars. When it comes to making sh*t music, Durst is a pioneer because he is truly without peer.
Mijarra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:22 am    Post subject: Lars, Lars, Lars... Reply with quote

Lars seems to forget that Metallica was pretty much a second rate band when people like Blackie Lawless and Ozzy drug their ungrateful a$$es around the country and made them famous. Not that I should expect Metallica to do this, but it would be really nice if they were to give a more obscure band a chance to be noticed the way others did for them. I know Metallica wants to sell tickets though, and apparently they don't feel that they alone have the commmand to fill every seat in the house anymore.

If I were a famous metal dude in a famous metal band, yeah it would be cool to play with other famous metal bands, but every tour I would be looking for some little known band who just scraped enough money together to record a demo, and was living together in some run down house, spending all their money on gear and all their time practicing. That is the road Metallica took. They got where they are today by luck, hard work, and the support of real metal fans. You'd think they'd want to give a band like that a chance. They are so far out of touch.

Metal lives on because of the strength and feeling of family amongst the fans. It has little to do with innovation or moving forward, and it has nothing to do with the fresh and the new, as Lars seems to be implying. We can talk about Black Sabbath from 1970, or Iron Maiden from 1981, or Megadeth from 1990, or Nevermore from 2003 and it's all within the metal family. Nu-metal is not. It may be innovative in the sense that it's different, but Metallica may as well have taken Kenny G on tour. Kenny is innovative, and has about as much to do with metal as Linkin Park or Limp Biskit. Except, Kenny is actually a good musician.
General Zod

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:39 am    Post subject: Lars, Lars, Lars... Reply with quote

Very well said.

GZ
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 1:11 pm    Post subject: Lars, Lars, Lars... Reply with quote

I find I don't really mind the frequent Metallica updates on Blabbermouth, because they usually showcase something fabulously stupid Lars says. The most recent one was how the people who threw garbage at Fred Durst "disrespected" Metallica.

That's too funny...like anybody respects Metallica anymore.
Urizen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Lars, Lars, Lars... Reply with quote

Metallica doesn't have the balls to take any real metal bands on tour with them because bands like Nevermore or even older legends like Halford would humiliate Metallica
They want to be nu-metal so bad, its sickening
Wyvern

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Lars, Lars, Lars... Reply with quote

Since we don't have Bralala, is good to have Metallica LOL!

Lars from Mars, drunk in bars, may he got SARS, arf, arf, arf
Rockangel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: Lars, Lars, Lars... Reply with quote

[img]http://smilies.networkessence.net/s/otn/realhappy/xxrotflmao.gif[ /img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: