HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looks like Yngwie is the 3rd "G" on this year's G3
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Looks like Yngwie is the 3rd "G" on this year's G3 Reply with quote

[url=http://www.ticketmaster.com/search?keyword=g3]Ticketmaster - G3[/url]

Makes sense, as Yngwie, Steve Vai and Satch were the "Big 3" guitar players in the wave after EVH. As ever with anything Yngwie related, there is a lot of discussion on guitar forums. I think he's the logical choice for this, but I also think it's the last shot at an American revival of any kind for Yngwie. The shows should certainly be interesting.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2003 9:27 pm    Post subject: Looks like Yngwie is the 3rd "G" on this year's G3 Reply with quote

Well to me that will be ultra-swell because I love the three guys, but I don't feel Yngwie on the same vein as Steve and Joe, I would rather have Petrucci or MacAlpine for that matters.
Icarus

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:53 am    Post subject: Looks like Yngwie is the 3rd "G" on this year's G3 Reply with quote

Not exactly much of a tour . . . one night only?
General Zod

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: Looks like Yngwie is the 3rd "G" on this year's G3 Reply with quote

There will be a full tour. To keep up on all the details check this link:

[url=http://www.satriani.com/2002/road/]http://www.satriani.com/2002/r oad/[/url]

As for Yngwie as the 3rd G, I would have preferred to see someone who I've never seen before. The last time I saw Yngwie he was really bad. However, a tour like this should bring out the best in him. Yngwie is too much of an egomaniac to allow himself to be embarrassed. And if he gave the type of performance I saw him give last, he'd get embarrassed on this tour. He's going to have to have his "A" game on G3.

GZ
Ug

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Looks like Yngwie is the 3rd "G" on this year's G3 Reply with quote

I hope Satriani plays something different this time. I don't mind Yngwie in there but I would like to see Satriani, Vai and Morse.
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Looks like Yngwie is the 3rd "G" on this year's G3 Reply with quote

Cool man. Maybe he'll play mostly instrumentals; then I'll really enjoy it. I might even get my parents to go see this with me again.
nitro4040

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 12:41 pm    Post subject: Looks like Yngwie is the 3rd "G" on this year's G3 Reply with quote

I would rather it be Uli. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
PHDPLUS

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2003 7:36 pm    Post subject: Looks like Yngwie is the 3rd "G" on this year's G3 Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
Well to me that will be ultra-swell because I love the three guys, but I don't feel Yngwie on the same vein as Steve and Joe, I would rather have Petrucci or MacAlpine for that matters.

You're right, Yngwie isn't in the same vein as Satch and Vai. That is, Yngwie's playing is melodic while the Satch/Vai Siamese Twins Act is known for its atonal and discordant sound that can be best described as sounding like a monsoon whistling through an aardvark's ass.

Macalpine and Petrucci sound like their trying to play fast. It's so contrived and unnatural for them it's purely comical. Leave the extreme virtuosity to Yngwie, since he has the monopoly on it.

As far as as a trio of guitarists, put Yngwie with DiMeola and German guitar prodigy Bernd Steidl-- now that would be a show!!
General Zod

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 9:52 am    Post subject: Looks like Yngwie is the 3rd "G" on this year's G3 Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by PHDPLUS:
...the Satch/Vai Siamese Twins Act is known for its atonal and discordant sound that can be best described as sounding like a monsoon whistling through an aardvark's ass.

It's quite possible that Vai and Satch only sound atonal to you because Yngwie's giant ass cheeks are covering your ears. If you put your hands on Yngwie's hips and push really, really hard, you may be able to free your head from his ass, and then you'd be in a better position to appreciate Vai and Stach's respective tones.

GZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: