HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The new Maiden songs have leaked
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAIDENFAN

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 5:26 pm    Post subject: The new Maiden songs have leaked Reply with quote

I will no doubt buy it next tuesday just like i have done with the past 6 maiden albums. I always buy on the first day of release. I am what u would call a very dedicated fan!
Urizen

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: The new Maiden songs have leaked Reply with quote

I'm listening to Paschendale right now and I think I just orgasmed
Its that damn good
Mayhem62

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: The new Maiden songs have leaked Reply with quote

Yep, I'll be at the store on Tuesday getting my copy.
Icarus

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 3:20 pm    Post subject: The new Maiden songs have leaked Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by bringer:
I thought that this board was above this sort of thing, oh well.

If your refering to people here downloading songs or even entire albums when the chance arises and that being a bad thing, please note that from what I gather from the faithful here is that the downloading of songs usually leads to the purchase of a cd, especially in the case of hearing the music in advance of a release. Most of us here would jump at the chance to get an advance listen, especially die-hard fans who have been there for many years purchasing a bands material, be it crap or not.

Why should this whole piracy issue a negative situation on the fans and a one way street to benefit the record companies? In many cases, downloading a song or album only to find out that it sucks, is a good thing. In such an instance wasting money on a crap album is prevented. I would have been so much happier if I was able to hear [i]St. Anger[/i] in advance, then I wouldn't have purchased it. In such cases, it may force a band to think beyond the typical scenerio of one or two decent singles to lure someone into buying a mostly crappy release.

When you say "above this sort of thing", it sounds like your passing judgement way too early (which really should be kept in the hands of the reaper himself). Keep in mind that most of our interests lie in a genre of music that is much underappreciated. In my eyes, if a review of a a few downloaded songs by a Harboardian grabs my attention, I WILL go and PURCHASE something by that band.
daeh_latem

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 11:17 pm    Post subject: The new Maiden songs have leaked Reply with quote

I think this downloading thing only applies to the Commercial bands anyway, Bruce encouraged it because he knows it brings more exposure and is probably the only exposure that reaches younger audiences.
Iron Maiden knows this is a benefit because much like a good car maker, they are in it for the long run (or as long as it can go at this point) and a dedicated fan WILL buy the album as well as past albums.IN addition a new fan for free brings future money from merchandise and concerts. IN reality it is the record labels that lose out, the bands only make a portion of the profit from CD's anyway.
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 11:32 pm    Post subject: The new Maiden songs have leaked Reply with quote

I love the commercial slash video clip they are showing for it on tv, "55 million albums world-wide" As big of a following as they have in the states(5 million in states sale). They practically ate up every chart in the world.

What people still downloading music? Aww proxy servers must be jammed pack by now.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 2:02 pm    Post subject: The new Maiden songs have leaked Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Icarus:
what I gather from the faithful here is that the downloading of songs usually leads to the purchase of a cd, especially in the case of hearing the music in advance of a release. [/QB]

I agree. And can also lead to not to buy an album because I don't like what I heard, and therefore it saves me money.

In the specifical cases of:

a) Tarot - "Suffer Our Pleasures" hearing the songs in advance rush me to get the album

b) Iron Maiden - "Dance Of Death" made me ill-disposed against the album and therefore i'm not going to get it.

Oh, and by the way I don't save the MP3s of songs I don't like. I'm a metalhead, not a pop pirate.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 9:16 pm    Post subject: The new Maiden songs have leaked Reply with quote

I can't get on that site. I already have Dance of Death on order anyway.
Metal1

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 11:08 pm    Post subject: The new Maiden songs have leaked Reply with quote

I don't trust online sites for the "big CD's"

I'm making a bee-line to the store right after work. God protect all those who drive before me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: