HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MAIDENFAN

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

Tommorrow is the day i have been waiting for a long time. Maiden's new cd goes on sale Tuesday. I was just wondering who on this board is going to go out and pick it up? Ever since seventh son of a seventh son, i have always bought maiden's new albums on the first day of release.
Urizen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

I'm definately going to be invading my Best Buy store
Hippyblood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 4:26 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

They actually advertised it during Sunday Night Football on ESPN last night, which I thought was pretty wild.
Probably not going to get it myself, unless it's way better than the last one. I used to be a huge Iron Maiden fan 20 years ago, but I guess I've moved on.
Metal1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 5:33 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

I'll be on line at Vintage Vinyl here in Jersey as soon as I get out of work!

I've been waiting for this one too, and I know I will be banging my head all friggin night!!!
lthunter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 8:06 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

Well, to tell you the truth, I would love to buy the cd as I have the mp3's and let me tell you, it is indeed awesome, especially the epics like Dance Of Death and Paschendale. The only problem is that over on the Metal Rules board, alot of people that already have it are saying it is copy-protected and many are having problems playing it in their home stereos and mp3-cd players which is what I have in my truck. If this is the case, I may have to skip buying it as I don't buy copy-protected cd's. We need to put our foot down as consumer's and not purchase inferior products from these greedy record companies and that's exactly what copy-protected cd's are. I LOVE Maiden and the new one is definitely badass but unless they release a non copy-protected version, I'll just have to be satisfied with my burned copy...
live4metal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:23 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

Well I'm playing it right now on my computer with no problems.Have'nt played it in my truck yet but I'm sure it'll play in there too.Now,we've already seen the cheesy artwork for this album.Sub par at best for Maiden.Where the hell is Derek Riggs?! The disc itself lacks any art too.Hell,it does'nt even have the logo or any writing at all on it.It looks like a roulette wheel.
My first impression of it is a more rawer Maiden on this one.Not as polished as Brave New World.But they said that was the intention.Even recording it the old school way using no Pro Tools.
My favorites and stand out tracks on the first few go rounds are Paschendale( the closest thing to classic Maiden and the best song on the cd IMHO )Dance of Death,Age of Innocence & Montsegur.
I can't say just yet if it's a better album than the last.And while Iron Maiden are still one of the best bands to see live in concert.They have'nt really released a total classic since Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.Again,just my opinion.I thought Accident of Birth & The Chemical Wedding were just excellent albums.And I hold those in higher regard than Brave New World and even this new cd.
Still,it is Iron Maiden and it is a good album in a great catalog of music.So let's UP THE IRONS MATES!
FALCON

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2003 10:39 pm    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

I Bought the disc at Progpower on Thursday, listened to it about three times, very solid, better than "Brave New World", while similar, guitar is a little bit more up front, the songs seem stronger and a little bit more aggressive. Yes, I saw that commercial thrice, it rocked, very creative, hope it leads to album sales, someone let me know what this disc places on the Billboard Chart, huh...
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:01 am    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

I'm buying Dance Of Death on the way to work tomorrow - I've got a one hour commute so I should get to listen to the whole thing!
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 6:30 am    Post subject: Who's going to buy Dance of Death tommorrow? Reply with quote

I will pick it up this afternoon on my way home, along with Sleeping Beauty on DVD for my wife.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: