HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

U Want Acquisitions?U Can't Handle These Acquisitions!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
live4metal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:21 pm    Post subject: U Want Acquisitions?U Can't Handle These Acquisitions! Reply with quote

Well,once again I've spent way too much on cds this month.Here's what I've picked up.Evergrey:Solitude Dominance Tradgedy.An unbelievably awesome album! Better than Recreation Day and almost as good,if not as good as Search 4Truth.A pleasent surprise and one of the best cds I've heard in awhile.Queensryche:Tribe.Not their worst and not their best,but a worth while effort.Chinchilla:Madtropolis.A very cool album with a great old school feel,yet still coming across fresh.The singer is great.Not the best voice,but tons of emotion.This is a must 4 old school metal fans.They remind me of a cross between Savatage and In Flames.A possible top 10 contender.AC/DC:Razors Edge Remaster.Just adding to my AC/DC collection since this is the first time this cd has been remastered.Armored Saint:Symbol of Salvation.Always loved this album and the 3 cd edition is pretty cool.Ring of Fire: 1st cd. Nothing special.Just paint by numbers neo-classical metal.Dream Tower is much better as is The Oracle.Lullacry:Crucify My Soul.Found it used for six bucks and thank God not a penny more because it's not very good.A poormans( or womans) Lacuna Coil.A little too poppy and not enough hooks with average female vocals.Can't believe this band has a buzz about it.And here's my prize aquisition for July.A copy of the Ratt E.P. on Time Coast records for $5.00.Very rare and hard to find and now it's mine.And with a week left in July I've got Nevermore:Enemies of Reality,Circle II Circle:Watching in Silence & Kreator:Live Kreation on order.Like I said,I've spent to much this month.But like an addict I must feed my addiction.
TageRyche

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 5:34 pm    Post subject: U Want Acquisitions?U Can't Handle These Acquisitions! Reply with quote

As for me, my only additions have been:

Led Zeppelin 2, 3, and 4 on CD

Disturbed's Believe

Judas Priest's Painkiller on CD

I gotta get out to the store and get Circle II Circle, Queensryche, Anthrax, and Cheap Trick soon.
General Zod

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:46 pm    Post subject: U Want Acquisitions?U Can't Handle These Acquisitions! Reply with quote

"S.D.T." by Evergrey is a definite gem. Your description of "Tribe" is right on.

GZ
Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:42 pm    Post subject: U Want Acquisitions?U Can't Handle These Acquisitions! Reply with quote

Last stuff I got:

Adramelch - "Irae Melanox"
Acid Rain - "Infinity Beyond" (which most definitively is going to make my top ten 2003).
woosta

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:02 pm    Post subject: U Want Acquisitions?U Can't Handle These Acquisitions! Reply with quote

Rage "trapped"
Fizzy Bangers "Look Ma, No Talent"
Virgin Steele "1"
Virgin Steele "Guardians of the Flame"
Amon Amarth "The Avenger"
Waysted "You Won't Get Out Alive"
Carcass "Heartwork"
Overkill "Killbox 13"
Graveworm "As the Angels Reach the Beauty"
Universe "Bad Child"
Mad Max "Stormchild"
Valleys Eve "Deception of Pain"
Westworld "Cyberdreams"
Bronx Casket Company "Sweet Home Transylvania"
Glasgow "Zero Four One"
Return "To the Top"
Satrox "Heaven Sent"
Dalton "Injection"
Ole "This Ole Town"
Aces High "Pull No Punches"
Helter Skelter "Welcome to the World of Helter Skelter"
Scarecrow s/t
Karo "Heavy Birthday"
Ruffians s/t
Laaz Rockit "No Stranger to Danger"
live4metal

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2003 4:09 pm    Post subject: U Want Acquisitions?U Can't Handle These Acquisitions! Reply with quote

Ah yes.Circle II Circle arrived Saturday and I must say it's brilliant! This should have been the follow up to Edge of Thorns.I don't think Zak ever sounded so good.If you're a Savatage fan you must pick up Watching in Silence.This one definitly cracks the top 5 this year.I picked up Overkill Killbox 13 this weekend too.Damn this is one bad a$$ album! Why did I wait so long to get this? I mean Bloodletting was awesome.But I have to say as good as it was,Killbox 13 is even better.The best thrash record to come out since Kreator's Violent Revolution.So with the new Nevermore,Circle II Circle and Overkill cds my weekend was metal bliss!
LEV1ATHAN

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: U Want Acquisitions?U Can't Handle These Acquisitions! Reply with quote

Only picked up these recently...

Westworld - Cyberdreamer
XYZ - Letter To God
Black Label Society - The Blessed Hellride
Blue Murder - Dancing Moon (live 1993)
Evergrey - Recreation Day
Lynch/Pilson - Wicked Underground
Lynch Mob - Revolution
Skid Row - Thick Skin
TNT - Taste (ep)
Yngwie Malmsteen - Attack
Zebra - IV

Would like to pick up the new Queensryche and I heard some clips of a band called Mystic Prophecy that sounded dam good.
live4metal

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:07 pm    Post subject: U Want Acquisitions?U Can't Handle These Acquisitions! Reply with quote

Just a quick follow up.I've been listening to the Circle II Circle disc alot.Can't reccomend it enough.The double live Kreator is excellent.It comes in a limited edition book right now with killer photos and such.Any thrash fans must get this one.Same goes for the Overkill disc,a must have.Another disc getting alot of play is Nightrage's Sweet Vengeance.I can't believe there's no buzz around this cd on the Board.Anyhow,check these out and let me know what you think.
live4metal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:08 am    Post subject: U Want Acquisitions?U Can't Handle These Acquisitions! Reply with quote

Here's what I've aquired recently.Savatage:Poets & Madmen with Jesus Saves Live bonus track.A great Savatage record with Jon Oliva back on the mike.Bonus cut is awesome!Leatherwolf:Leatherwolf.I love this record,and this is a remaster that includes a bonus track called The Hook,Live.I had this on vinyl back in the day and am stoked to finally have it on disc.A metal gem.
I've also scored some great thrash cds recently.Annihilator:Never,Neverland.Remastered with bonus tracks.Sanctuary:Refuge Denied.This was a rare find.I'd never heard Warrel Dane's first band.With him on vocals and being produced by Dave Mustaine,I had to check it out.A pretty decent thrash record.It's obvious Warrel had not found his Nevermore voice yet.Sounding more like King Diamond or Rob Halford on this one.
Lacuna Coil: Comalies is a disc I've wanted 4a while.Christina has a great voice and the music is so catchy and atmospheric.A great cd.
Also picked up some really cool deluxe editions of Children of Bodom:Something Wild with Silent Scream and Don't Stop at the Top covers and In Flames:Whoracle with Clad In Shadows '99.Both are remastered multi media cds.Really cool $hit! Whoracle is definitly my favorite In Flames disc,and it's never sounded better.
And again,way too much ca$h spent on my hobby/obsession.But hey,all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.Ooops.Lost it there 4a minute.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: