HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

U Want Acquisitions?U Can't Handle These Acquisitions!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
live4metal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 10:24 pm    Post subject: U Want Acquisitions?U Can't Handle These Acquisitions! Reply with quote

Here's a few of recent buys I think alot of you might enjoy.Edguy:Burning Down The Opera is an excellent double live set.The sound quality is great,the band is super tight and the crowd is pumped.One of the best live metal discs in years!
Alot of the older Edguy stuff sounds better live than on the studio releases.And the stuff off Mandrake is amazing.The Pharaoh only is worth the price.Awesome!
Iron Maiden: Dance of Death.While I'm always excited to pick up a new Maiden disc,this one as a whole is leaving me uninspired.The production too muddy and Bruce's vocals sounding like No Prayer for the Dying era Maiden.Right B4 the break up.Personally I'd much rather have a new Bruce Dickinson album with Roy Z & Adrian Smith.
Saxon:Metalhead.Just filling out the Saxon collection.Always loved this band since I saw them open for Maiden in 82'.This isn't one of their best.But the first two tracks,Metalhead & Are We Travellers in Time, are classic Saxon.
Lost Horizon:A Flame to the Ground Beneath.I love great Power Metal so I wanted to hear if this band had improved from the first release.And they have.Pure,Again the Fire Will Burn,Cry of a Restless Soul & Think Not Forever are standout tracks.One thing about this band that's totally cheesy though is that all the musicians wear ridiculous outfits and go by names like Cosmic Antagonist and Ethereal Magnimus.A gimmick ,yes.And a bad one.They need to drop it.
I also grabbed a copy of Arch Enemies:Anthems of Rebellion.Just scanned through it quickly.But again the music sounds killer but the vocals are grating.She's not bad to look at,but I don't care for her death vocals.Still it sounds better than the last so far.
live4metal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: U Want Acquisitions?U Can't Handle These Acquisitions! Reply with quote

L4M'S recent buys and sugestions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: