HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HardRadio...last remaining metal haven
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bringer

Location: somewehere in between the specs of pictures burnt beyond

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2003 3:46 pm    Post subject: HardRadio...last remaining metal haven Reply with quote

Hey well radio isn't all bad, just mostly, it is true that there are fewer and fewer good mainstream bands. But I just picked up an excellent disc called Thirteenth Step by a group called A Perfect Circle, which get played on the radio, you should chek them out. This year has been a first for me as it's the first year that I have and will pick up only 1 major label recording. And it's the first year that I have picked up true independant albums.

I would probably purchase System, but only if I had extra moolah.

Also people aren't sheep, they deserve more credit than they get even if radio is trying to condition them, it still ultimetly comes down to themselves.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 1:15 am    Post subject: HardRadio...last remaining metal haven Reply with quote

quote:
Zakk Wylde and BLS are honestly the only band I can think of right now that are within that criteria.
Ever heard Lullacry?
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 5:32 pm    Post subject: HardRadio...last remaining metal haven Reply with quote

Call me kooky, but I love System of a Down, goofy lyrucks be damned.

The White Stripes' new album Elephant has some of the fattest, meatiest stadium rock riffs this side of Nugent, and the whininess quotient in the vocals has dropped considerably since White Blood Cells.
Mijarra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:17 pm    Post subject: HardRadio...last remaining metal haven Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Metalfilm1:
Call me kooky, but I love System of a Down, goofy lyrucks be damned.

The White Stripes' new album Elephant has some of the fattest, meatiest stadium rock riffs this side of Nugent, and the whininess quotient in the vocals has dropped considerably since White Blood Cells.

I've heard the White Stripes. I heard some of their studio stuff, and I saw them on Jay Leno or something a bunch of night in a row a few months ago. No offense to you Metal1, but they are probably #1 on the list of the most God awful bands I have ever heard. The government or the Catholic church or the mafia or aliens or SOMEONE should intervene for the good of all mankind and see to it that Jack White never picks up a guitar ever again.

I guess you are kooky. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
FALCON

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: HardRadio...last remaining metal haven Reply with quote

I love the heavier new prog thrash bands ala Iced/Nevermore/Soilwork...

While SOtD are one of the few really artistic, yet talented groups I can take from the whole modern/commercially accepted metal. "Toxicity" is an incredible disc, and has been a great diversion from the straight ahead metal album, I also like the newest "dont steal this album" basically unused Toxicity stuff, very creative and highly invigorating. Sorta like Green Jelly meets Alice in Chains with a flurish for Faith no More antics...it's out there glad you gave it a go...
mtlhd

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:24 pm    Post subject: HardRadio...last remaining metal haven Reply with quote

Mijarra,

I also get inspired by White Lion, Dokken, Motley.

Have you listened to Hammerfall at all? If not you should give their Renegade CD a listen and see what you think.

They are my favorite newer hard rock/heavy metal band.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: