HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Last one out the door please turn off the lights
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EdwardTHead

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 5:14 am    Post subject: Last one out the door please turn off the lights Reply with quote

I've got two guys who like metal. One guy really only likes the older stuff so that's what we talk about. However, I did get lucky and meet another guy who now will goto concerts and stuff with me, especially the newer bands and more obscure ones as well. We just came from the Jag Panzer show Monday and are going to see Anthrax next Monday. Other then that I don't know anyone, all the guys from college are gone, and the only woman who liked metal I'm divorced from now.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:32 am    Post subject: Last one out the door please turn off the lights Reply with quote

Most of my friends are into nu-metal, most of which I can't stand, of course. This board is the only place I can talk to anybody about bands like Iced Earth, Nevermore, etc. Well, here or any concerts I go to.

I also have an old friend from high school that I see on a semi-regular basis. Back in school he was a huge Yes fan, and I didn't like them at the time. Now 20+ years later, I like them and have quite a few of their discs (Tormato is excellent), and he's not into them anymore - his wife has totally domesticated him on Tim McGraw, Brooks & Dunn, Toby Keith, and the rest of that Top 40/country garbage.
Evil Doctor X

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 6:58 am    Post subject: Last one out the door please turn off the lights Reply with quote

I have one friend that I talk music with. Back in middle & high school, I was the one who got him into metal with Maiden, Metallica, etc. During college and since, his taste has moved more toward more punk and hardcore type of stuff, but he is still into the metal music that I am. He is pretty much the only one I go to shows with. My neighbors are into metal a little. More of the late 80s stuff like Poison or Crue, but it beats country...
Just an average joe

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:18 am    Post subject: Last one out the door please turn off the lights Reply with quote

I really dont have anyone that i can truely discuss metal with. Never really have either except for the guy who got me my first maiden and metallica copies. It doesnt bother me thoughm i dont need to discuss the music...just listen to it
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 7:57 am    Post subject: Last one out the door please turn off the lights Reply with quote

I had my circle of friends back in high school that loved metal, loved concerts, and lived for the music by then. The couple of friends I still keep in touch with from those days do not really listen to metal anymore, but I still try to give them a dose of it once in a while. But on the flip side, my wife loves metal, and actually music in general, and am able to talk to her about metal. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
General Zod

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject: Last one out the door please turn off the lights Reply with quote

None. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

I now know some folks, through various boards, that I see at concerts, that I talk Metal with, but not friends that I grew up with.

But I don't think that has anything to do with Metal. I couldn't talk to anyone I know about Blues, Jazz, Country (not that I want to talk about Country), etc. I just don't think the average person is passionate about music. As a matter of fact, I think the average person has very little passion, in general.

Hey, at least we have each other. Come on everyone, group hug.

GZ
Mijarra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 1:25 pm    Post subject: Last one out the door please turn off the lights Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by General Zod:
I just don't think the average person is passionate about music. As a matter of fact, I think the average person has very little passion, in general.

GZ

Very true. One of the things that is frustrating about "growing up" and being in the real world. When I was younger it seemed like everyone had passion about something, even if it was weird or misdirected. Now everyone seems dead inside or something. I guess it doesn't help that I work in a health care facility which tends to have a lot of angry, burned out employees. Still, I think it's true of people in general.
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 2:48 pm    Post subject: Last one out the door please turn off the lights Reply with quote

My friends aren't that big on metal, but I still make them listen to it(since I'm always driving them around) and take them to concerts. They aren't really into music as much as me anyway so there's that passion thing coming up.

I feel I'm losing my passion for life myself sometimes. It's scaring me.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2003 9:46 pm    Post subject: Last one out the door please turn off the lights Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by PaulEMoz:
quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
None, but is not a question of age is that my friends are back home and I'm here alone [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Well, what do you expet if you're gonna hang around in Purgatory? [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

I know what you mean though, it's the same for me, although my friends are on a whole different continent!

Why do you think I call this necropolis Purgatory? And my home is probbaly as far from here as England is from Detroit [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: