HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Last one out the door please turn off the lights
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: Last one out the door please turn off the lights Reply with quote

I have no one in my life that likes that same music I do.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:59 pm    Post subject: Last one out the door please turn off the lights Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by iwarrior:
I have no one in my life that likes that same music I do.

That's sad man. You don't have old friends that share the passion or at least the fun of being into rock? Because I know that find new ones in the same wavelenght is difficult these days.

At least we all can bark at each other in the forum...
iwarrior

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:14 am    Post subject: Last one out the door please turn off the lights Reply with quote

quote:
You don't have old friends that share the passion or at least the fun of being into rock?
Nope. They're all gone.
Mayhem62

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:27 pm    Post subject: Last one out the door please turn off the lights Reply with quote

as for talking metal - no one. It's seems I'm on a deserted island sometimes, all alone.

classic rock, theres a couple of people that i can have discussions with.

One of my good friends used to like the 80's hair bands (Ratt, Dokken, etc.) but now listens to Kenny G, Maria Carey and that kind of bubblegum crap.
Jim McCormick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:15 am    Post subject: Last one out the door please turn off the lights Reply with quote

I'm 43 years old & most of my friends are not into metal or music in general anymore, though I've a few who still are. As someone said earlier theres not that many people truely into music. I agree. Rock is for the young & young at heart. When your young you embrace everything passionately, the older you get the more jaded you become. Familarity breeds contempt they say, & people move on. I've been committed to Rock since I can remember. I've worked as a live music booking agent since 1979 & still love a great live show, though I've slowed down a little, not much! As people get older more things enter their lives & take up their time, so there really has to be a strong committment to music. Many people claim their music lovers, but when asked if they have a substancial Record/CD collection at home most say no, I listen to the radio. Personaly, I feel if you don't have over 100 albums by the age of 21, you'll never be fully committed & understand the need that we the music lover understand....the need for music in our lives.
General Zod

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:20 am    Post subject: Last one out the door please turn off the lights Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jim McCormick:
Personaly, I feel if you don't have over 100 albums by the age of 21, you'll never be fully committed & understand the need that we the music lover understand....the need for music in our lives.

Probably true. Music, though more accessible, is like any other art form; you either have a passion for it or you don't. How many original paintings do I own? None. How many sculptures? None. Someone who was really into paintings and/or sculptures would say I'm missing out. However, I don't feel that way. Like anything else in life, it's all a matter of perspective.

GZ
iwarrior

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: Last one out the door please turn off the lights Reply with quote

quote:
Personaly, I feel if you don't have over 100 albums by the age of 21, you'll never be fully committed & understand the need that we the music lover understand....the need for music in our lives.
Being a music lover does not equal being a good consumer.
Jim McCormick

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 2:26 pm    Post subject: Last one out the door please turn off the lights Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by iwarrior:
quote:
Being a music lover does not equal being a good consumer.
If your truely into music, or anything else for that matter, you collect. Most people who love Rock have so since they can remember. I was buying Rock albums at age eight. I bought what I liked & back then there was much to like. Now considering the history of Rock & the advent of the CD, bringing back albums that were long since deleted in vinyl. Also the invention of the CD burner, there is no reason for the collector not to own at the least one hundred albums by the age 21, whether your a consumer or a downloader. It's all right there if you want it.
Metalfilm1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2003 8:34 pm    Post subject: Last one out the door please turn off the lights Reply with quote

I am fortunate to have a good number of friends and acquaintances who like at least some form of metal. One of my best friends is still a tried-and-true rock fan who, though often side-tracked from the underground by his job in commercial rock radio, still praises the likes of Arch Enemy and Helloween. Another of my friends, though more biased and esoteric in his tastes -- often leaning to gay-related artists like Culture Club, Erasure, et al -- is very much a fan of Queen, Bowie, Kiss and other hard rock acts. My ex-girlfriend -- still one of my best friends -- while by no means a rock fan, has managed to memorize the first three riffs of Scorpions' "The Sails of Charon" with great enjoyment. And my present girlfriend, gracious saints alive, is a fan of everything from Bon Jovi to Queensryche to Opeth.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: