HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Romantic Metalhead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:27 pm    Post subject: The Romantic Metalhead Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jim McCormick:

Some of the greatest metal out there is inspired by women or at least the male of the species sex drive, then again is that not how rock started. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]

'Strange Kind Of Woman' - Deep Purple
'My Woman From Tokyo' - Deep Purple
'Hard Lovin' Woman' - Deep Purple
'N.I.B.' - Black Sabbath
'Evil Woman' - Black Sabbath
'Cold Hearted Woman' - Rainbow
'All Night Long' - Rainbow
'Sorrow Is A Woman' - Def Leppard
'Bad Woman'- Motorhead
'Sarah' - Thin Lizzy
'Christine' - Jorn
'Victoria' - Nazareth
'Every Youg Man's Dream' - Nazareth
'Open-Up Woman' - Nazareth
'Black-Hearted Woman' - Blue Murder
'A Song For While I'm Away' - Thin Lizzy
'Old Flame' - Thin Lizzy

Etc.
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: The Romantic Metalhead Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:

'Sarah' - Thin Lizzy

I'm pretty sure this song is about Phil's daughter- not a sexual relationship. It better not be about a sexual relationship!
Subtraction

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: The Romantic Metalhead Reply with quote

Well, I'm off topic now, but I what I am saying was on topic earlier....

If I got into a guys car on a date and he was playing some Opeth, Nevermore or In Flames, my heart would flutter and I would fall in love!

hahaha, it wouldn't happen quite that simply, but I think I have made my point.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: The Romantic Metalhead Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Subtraction:

If I got into a guys car on a date and he was playing some Opeth, Nevermore or In Flames, my heart would flutter and I would fall in love!

Hey, baby. (blasts "I Am The Dog")

quote:

hahaha, it wouldn't happen quite that simply

Dammit!
Subtraction

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: The Romantic Metalhead Reply with quote

[img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

LOL
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Scott McWhinnie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:38 pm    Post subject: The Romantic Metalhead Reply with quote

I think iwarrior hit the nail on the head. Love to Love (UFO) starts as a beautiful song and eventually morphs into a very heavy song and the Strangers version wails. Thin Lizzy's Cowboy Song is in the same vein.

S
iwarrior

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:28 pm    Post subject: The Romantic Metalhead Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by ScottyDumas:
I think iwarrior hit the nail on the head. Love to Love (UFO) starts as a beautiful song and eventually morphs into a very heavy song and the Strangers version wails. Thin Lizzy's Cowboy Song is in the same vein.

S

Welcome Scott.
Mijarra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: The Romantic Metalhead Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Subtraction:
Well, I'm off topic now, but I what I am saying was on topic earlier....

hahaha, it wouldn't happen quite that simply, but I think I have made my point.

Heh heh...that's awesome, but take it from us guys...you are definately in the minority. Most people I know I never tell about the music I like, because they don't get. Especially women. I've been accused of being a fan of everything from Marilyn Manson to the Beastie Boys. Most people, again especially girls, understand metal about as well as they do the innerworkings of their car engine. I guess I just miss the days when there was more of a common ground.

By the way, where ya been? Nice to see you back.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: The Romantic Metalhead Reply with quote

Bumping for Valentine's Day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: