HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Real music making a comeback?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Icarus

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Real music making a comeback? Reply with quote

[b]Tesla[/b] just did a show the other night here in Boston at the Hard Rock Cafe to a sold out crowd of about 400. I have heard nothing but good stuff about the show and was curious if this is a tour or a one stop deal?

The funny thing is that the radio station who sponsered them, stopped playing real music in their core rotation about eleven years ago. It seems like lately there's been a resurgance of real music again, which means the local radio stations are once again starting to jump on the band wagon. The same station has (surprise) started playing old [b]Judas Priest[/b] more in thier prime time spots all of a sudden since the Ozfest announcement.

So, the cycle continues.
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:46 pm    Post subject: Real music making a comeback? Reply with quote

Icarus,

The new Tesla, 'Into the Now' is out March 9. I have heard 3 songs off of it and they all have kicked major ass. There are also a handful of tour dates as well, with more on the way.

Tue 03/09/04 Detroit, MI Hard Rock Cafe
Fri 03/12/04 Minneapolis, MN First Avenue
Sat 03/13/04 East Peoria, IL The Oaks
Sun 03/14/04 Milwaukee, WI The Rave / Eagles Club
Tue 03/16/04 Omaha, NE Sokol Auditorium
Wed 03/17/04 Clive, IA 7 Flags Event Center
Fri 03/19/04 Chicago, IL Vic Theatre
Sat 03/20/04 Sauget, IL Pop's
Sun 03/21/04 Kansas City, MO Beaumont Club
Tue 03/23/04 Denver, CO Fillmore Auditorium
Wed 03/24/04 West Valley City, UT E Center
Fri 03/26/04 Santa Clara, CA Paramount's Great America
Sun 03/28/04 San Francisco, CA The Fillmore
Tue 03/30/04 San Diego, CA 4th & B
Wed 03/31/04 Anaheim, CA House Of Blues
Fri 04/02/04 Phoenix, AZ Dodge Theatre
Sat 04/03/04 Las Vegas, NV House Of Blues
Sun 04/04/04 Los Angeles, CA The Wiltern LG
Paul G

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 9:04 pm    Post subject: Real music making a comeback? Reply with quote

The new Tesla is friggin Excellent probably my fave of the year right now trading blows with Into Eternity for top spot, I love Into the Now.
FALCON

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Real music making a comeback? Reply with quote

Paul G, agree totally, Tesla, flat out rules, while Into Eternity is a Monster of very heavy thrashy brilliance. IE is like a more technical progmetal band say Control Denied mixed with a lil older InFlames or Dark Tranquility touched by huge hooks and Yngwie sytled shredding, the disc cooks.

While Tesla is such a welcome come back to strong hard rock with excellent song writing and gripping segways, PHoenix-on a Friday at Dodge Theater, I am there for sure!
General Zod

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:27 am    Post subject: Real music making a comeback? Reply with quote

I'll concur with Paul G. and FALCON, the new Tesla, along with the new Into Eternity have gotten 2004 off to a great start. Add into the mix the new Iced Earth, the new God Forbid, and an April release by Evergrey, and 2004 is shaping up to be vastly superior to 2003.

GZ
iwarrior

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Real music making a comeback? Reply with quote

I have the new Tesla on order.
Paul G

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Real music making a comeback? Reply with quote

If you like CLUTCH be prepared to get knocked on your ass, the new one is amazing, 2004 has already kicked 2003 in the nuts and is preparing the death blow. Lots of KILLER stuff so far this year.
Templar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Real music making a comeback? Reply with quote

Anybody else catch Tesla on ESPN 2's "Cold Pizza" show this morning? Jeff Keith, Tommy Skeoch and one of the other guys in the band did an acoustical number from the new album and an interview. It was pretty good -- good enough to convince me to buy their new album.
Icarus

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Real music making a comeback? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Templar:
Anybody else catch Tesla on ESPN 2's "Cold Pizza" show this morning? Jeff Keith, Tommy Skeoch and one of the other guys in the band did an acoustical number from the new album and an interview. It was pretty good -- good enough to convince me to buy their new album.

No. No cable in my household. I'm not sure why they would be performing on a sports show. or is this not a sports show?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: