HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My current favorite Yngwie instrumental!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:15 pm    Post subject: My current favorite Yngwie instrumental! Reply with quote

Has anyone heard/seen Yngwie play Arpeggios from Hell? Well now[at least if you have the time to download it] you can- check out this link I found [url=http://static.hugi.is/misc/movies/]http://static.hugi.is/misc/mov ies/[/url] And scroll to the bottom where it says Yngwie. Download that video- it's completely awesome!

This dude seriously needs to do a full new album of instrumentals like this.
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: My current favorite Yngwie instrumental! Reply with quote

Thanks for that link! I want to get the video that this is from, but for now this will do nicely. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Yngwie reworked this instrumental on "War To End All Wars", but it's not as good as this version (by quite a long way, IMO). Shame, as I LOVE this version and would love it on CD.

My current favourite is "Battlefield", the bonus track on the US version of "Attack!!". Judging by the quality of Yngwie's recent instrumentals, from Alchemy onwards, he REALLY should do an instrumental album, and show everyone else how it should be done!

Apparently he's going to be recording a new album after his US tour in March, but we all know it's going to be a mostly vocal album.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PHDPLUS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: My current favorite Yngwie instrumental! Reply with quote

Thanks Jake--this piece of virtuosity is taken from the classic VHS Full Shred. Full Shred is a must for your extreme virtuosity collection, because after Full Shred everything else is just fiction.
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:35 am    Post subject: My current favorite Yngwie instrumental! Reply with quote

Yeah I know it was from Fullshred. I have another video or two from that video, but I don't have links to that on the internet. If I find them I'll let you know.

I didn't know you could still buy Fullshred. Is that still a possibility? I think I would maybe pick that up if that was an option. Course, right now my next purchase is looking like the live Uli Roth DVD. But after that.... We'll see. I love to watch Yngwie tear it up. Even my friends appreciate him a little and they aren't big time metalheads. I'm going to get them all to go to his show in April. Man will that ever be awesome.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: My current favorite Yngwie instrumental! Reply with quote

Icarus's Dream, followed by Krakatoa, followed by Little Savage.
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 8:29 pm    Post subject: My current favorite Yngwie instrumental! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by CollectorOfWomen:

Very good choices all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: My current favorite Yngwie instrumental! Reply with quote

quote:

Never liked LIttle Savage. I haven't heard Krakatoa.
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: My current favorite Yngwie instrumental! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
quote:

Never liked LIttle Savage. I haven't heard Krakatoa.
It's Krakatau, on Odyssey. The song that got me into Yngwie.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 10:06 pm    Post subject: My current favorite Yngwie instrumental! Reply with quote

Come on, Little Savage is vicious... well named... truth in advertising.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: