HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Evergrey Soundclips

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nolerx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: New Evergrey Soundclips Reply with quote

Check it out everyone, there's soundclips from the new Evergrey album posted on the band's website [url=http://www.evergrey.net]www.evergrey.net[/url]

The two clips posted sound pretty good. I'm really looking forward to the new album.
bringer

Location: somewehere in between the specs of pictures burnt beyond

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: New Evergrey Soundclips Reply with quote

Yes these are good, I'm finally feeling the music of Evergrey. There was one or two songs that I liked on Recreation Day, such as the new video I'm Sorry, and I was hoping that it was on the new one. But yes this should definetly be a top ranking release and my first Evergrey purchase.
Metal1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: New Evergrey Soundclips Reply with quote

I'm pumped about this one.

The clips never tell you much. But, they do give you an idea about the mix and direction of the band. From what I've heard, this is just what the doctor ordered.

(I'm sitting on my soapbox)

I don't want to give these guys a "category." Yes, they are metal. They might be progressive, considering the complexity of their music.

Screw all of that. I think we as a community have to kill these labels. Evergrey is a good band. They play good music. You turn it up in your car because it gives you an adrenaline rush. (Manowar did the same thing with their first 4 CD's)

So, I think we should just call stuff like the new Evergrey "great music."

I'm just fighting for the cause...we need to bring metal back to where it belongs. Please don't shoot me for this post, I left my body armor in my locker.
General Zod

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 12:03 am    Post subject: New Evergrey Soundclips Reply with quote

I do think people tend to get too hung up on categories. Though they are, at times, a necessary evil. Categorization is an important tool for someone who writes reviews. How could you possibly describe to a reader what a band sounds like, without the use of categories, labels, and comparisons to other bands? That being said, once you've heard a band, and either like them or don't, I think categories go out the window.

I'm a cigar smoker. And when I read the reviews on cigars in Cigar Aficianado, I always laugh. They like to use very descriptive terms, and colorful adjectives to describe the taste of a cigar; hints of orange peel, earthy, leathery, etc. As a friend of mine once said, if I want leathery, I'll go dig my old baseball mit out of the basement and smoke it. I agree. Cigars fall into two categories for me, cigars I like and cigars I don't like. Music is the same.

GZ
Ug

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:27 am    Post subject: New Evergrey Soundclips Reply with quote

Some call then prog, some power and some call them ugly....I call them great! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: New Evergrey Soundclips Reply with quote

I still think they need to keep their grooves going longer. Their songs start out rocking then they get wussy. I have nothing against bands playing slow stuff, but when you start out with a rocking song and turn it into a slow one then I get disappointed.

Nevertheless, I keep putting Recreation Day back in the player to give it another chance. Still don't think it's a great album, but maybe I'm missing something. I'd rather give it another chance than this new Iced Earth bullshit.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: