HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
THE MIGHTY THOR INTREPID

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2002 6:35 am    Post subject: R.I.P. Randy Rhoads Reply with quote

Twenty years ago today, Randy Rhoads lost his life. He was (and still is) my inspiration as a guitarist.

[img]http://www.rrclub.com/rrc/top/randy200109.gif[/img]
Stark

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 8:28 am    Post subject: R.I.P. Randy Rhoads Reply with quote

We just ran a huge feature in the current issue of FUZZ (Scandinavia's biggest guitar mag) on Randy. The response was great! The guy's still got high status!
B5ERIK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 11:59 am    Post subject: R.I.P. Randy Rhoads Reply with quote

20 years???!!!???

Man, where has the time gone?

Randy was already one of my favorite guitarists when he died, and after he died I really paid close attention to his playing - and was simply amazed.

Randy is my favorite guitar player of all time.

It is REALLY hard to believe that he has been gone for TWENTY YEARS!!!

R.I.P. Randy! You still da man!
Subtraction

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2002 3:56 pm    Post subject: R.I.P. Randy Rhoads Reply with quote

Wow, that's a long time! Geez, I am only 21! It is hard to believe.

What a total fukkin shame that he is gone.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
iwarrior

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: R.I.P. Randy Rhoads Reply with quote

22 years ago today. He was only 25 when he died.

Oh Randy,to what realms would you have taken us on your magical Flying V?
Metal1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: R.I.P. Randy Rhoads Reply with quote

Whatever God you believe in, he was blessed.

We lost so much when we lost him...

He was a true musician. Try and find someone now who would stop at a local music store to get a guitar lesson when you have the talent of this guy! He was a student, and fate took away his diploma.

Never forget this man. His pure love for the music he made makes him immortal. I truly am sad for the music we lost because of fate.

RIP, Randy. You will never be forgotten, as long as our tribe of musicians live.
live4metal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 11:15 pm    Post subject: R.I.P. Randy Rhoads Reply with quote

I remember being 12 years old when Blizzard of Ozz was released.I swear I did'nt get past I Don't Know and Crazy Train for a week!Rewind listen,rewind listen,rewind listen.
I'd never heard anyone play riffs like that! a phenomenal player and musician whose life was cut way too short.
Jake

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: R.I.P. Randy Rhoads Reply with quote

I think he's overrated but still good. His playing was fine, but I don't think his songwriting was of consistant quality.
PHDPLUS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:07 am    Post subject: R.I.P. Randy Rhoads Reply with quote

I was depressed for about a month after Randy died-- unbelievably unnecessary. He was a genius, no doubt about it.

Not to diminish Randy's work, but I got my second wind when Yngwie came upon the scene in 1983. He raised the level of technique and virtuosity so high no one has come close since.

By the way, did you see who was standing behind Ozzy and Randy Rhoad's mom at the recent tribute for Randy? Yngwie J. Malmsteen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: