HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: R.I.P. Randy Rhoads Reply with quote

I didn't say he was weak. I said he was inconsistant. I don't know who wrote the material on the first albums, but while Diary of a Madman, Over the Mountain, Sato, and Mr Crowley were great, there was also some completely horrendous crap like No Bone Movies. I actually don't like listening to most of Blizzard of Oz at all.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: R.I.P. Randy Rhoads Reply with quote

Come on, imagine a no-name kid shoved in front of millions after Ozzy played with Tony Iommi for ten years.

Randy had the confidence to be that kid. Why? because he was brilliant, and he knew it.
live4metal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:13 am    Post subject: R.I.P. Randy Rhoads Reply with quote

What's up with Yngwie? He keeps sporting that double chin and showing off his jewelery in every picture.
Dude,have some class,this is 4Randy not you.
PHDPLUS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: R.I.P. Randy Rhoads Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by live4Metal:
What's up with Yngwie? He keeps sporting that double chin and showing off his jewelery in every picture.
Dude,have some class,this is 4Randy not you.

Before every one of those pictures were taken someone yelled 'Hey Yngwie!'. At least he wasn't flipping anyone off. Yngwie was kind enough to show up and honor Randy. What's wrong with that?
live4metal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: R.I.P. Randy Rhoads Reply with quote

I agree that it was cool of him to show up and pay respect to another guitarist.It just seems like he's clowning a bit in those photos.Maybe there's a reason,I don't know.
But U gotta admit a guy with that many chins should'nt be posing like that.
It makes it look like he's choking on a sausage.
But hey,whatever.The guy can baloon up to 300 LBS. and he'd still be one of the best guitarist in the world.
PHDPLUS

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:30 pm    Post subject: R.I.P. Randy Rhoads Reply with quote

live4metal-- I think one reason he poses like that, with his head back, is to reduce the number of chins down to two. He's a bit self-conscious I think. Overall though he doesn't give a crap since he knows he kicks ass. I think he also knows that Randy Rhoad's kicked a little ass. Later dude.
Mijarra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: R.I.P. Randy Rhoads Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by iwarrior:
quote:
I disagree that he was weak songwriter. I think he was brilliant.
Randy was a great player,but it was Daisley and Kerslake that did the bulk of the writing when they were all with Ozzy.
I just grabbed the Tribute tab book I have, just because it's handy and sitting near me, and I see that Randy has writing credit on every one of those songs (except the Sabbath songs, obviously). If you say those guys wrote Randy's guitar riffs, I have no basis to argue with you and maybe you are right, but I'd find it a little shocking. Whatever writing those guys contributed may have been substantial, however, I would find it hard to believe Randy was not 100% responsible for the guitar composition on those songs, and that, I believe, is where the brilliance lies.
Mijarra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: R.I.P. Randy Rhoads Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
I didn't say he was weak. I said he was inconsistant. I don't know who wrote the material on the first albums, but while Diary of a Madman, Over the Mountain, Sato, and Mr Crowley were great, there was also some completely horrendous crap like No Bone Movies. I actually don't like listening to most of Blizzard of Oz at all.

I guess it comes down to personal preference. I agree that No Bone Movies is a total dud, but there is no other song on the first two albums that I really don't like. I actually think there is some pretty under-rated stuff there.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: R.I.P. Randy Rhoads Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mijarra:
quote:
Originally posted by iwarrior:
quote:
I disagree that he was weak songwriter. I think he was brilliant.
Randy was a great player,but it was Daisley and Kerslake that did the bulk of the writing when they were all with Ozzy.
I just grabbed the Tribute tab book I have, just because it's handy and sitting near me, and I see that Randy has writing credit on every one of those songs (except the Sabbath songs, obviously). If you say those guys wrote Randy's guitar riffs, I have no basis to argue with you and maybe you are right, but I'd find it a little shocking. Whatever writing those guys contributed may have been substantial, however, I would find it hard to believe Randy was not 100% responsible for the guitar composition on those songs, and that, I believe, is where the brilliance lies.
Someone posted an interview here last year or the year before where Daisley revealed who really wrote what.

Here it is...

[url=http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/interviews01/Bob%20Daisley%20 Interview.htm]http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/interviews01/Bob%20D aisley%20Interview.htm[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: