HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kirk Hammett Makes Idiotic Remark
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:06 am    Post subject: Kirk Hammett Makes Idiotic Remark Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake:

Nevermore, Opeth, CoF, Dimmu Borgir, and various Gothenburg Death metal bands [especially In Flames and Soilwork], plus the numetal leaders like System of A Down and unfortunately Limp Biskit are all relevant.

All those bands are most definitively and absolutely IRRELEVANT in the history of music and so it will be 50 years from now.

Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and even early Metallica, they would be remembered.
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 2:46 am    Post subject: Kirk Hammett Makes Idiotic Remark Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by wyvern:
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:

Nevermore, Opeth, CoF, Dimmu Borgir, and various Gothenburg Death metal bands [especially In Flames and Soilwork], plus the numetal leaders like System of A Down and unfortunately Limp Biskit are all relevant.

All those bands are most definitively and absolutely IRRELEVANT in the history of music and so it will be 50 years from now.

Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden and even early Metallica, they would be remembered.

I think you read me wrong. I'm not saying Metalica and Priest were never relevant; I'm saying they aren't now. Currently Nevermore, Opeth, Gothenburg [though probably not for much longer], and numetal are. Powermetal bands may be relevent in Europe but not in the USA.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2004 6:56 pm    Post subject: Kirk Hammett Makes Idiotic Remark Reply with quote

Black Sabbath from '70 to '80 is the greatest rock band in history, and will be known as such even in 50 years.
Jake

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: Kirk Hammett Makes Idiotic Remark Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by CollectorOfWomen:
Black Sabbath from '70 to '80 is the greatest rock band in history, and will be known as such even in 50 years.

Yes, yes I agree, but my point is that their new albums aren't relevant. Same deal with new Metallica. Same deal with Maiden, Bon Jovi, Scorpions, Def Leppard, Maiden, Priest, Slayer.

The newer bands are the ones that are relevant with the albums they are coming out with right now. Arch Enemy may not be as relevant as old Sabbath, but they are more relevant than new Sabbath or Metallica.
live4metal

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Kirk Hammett Makes Idiotic Remark Reply with quote

I have to agree with CollectorofSemen.Black Sabbath will be remembered in 50 years while those other bands won't.
MAIDENFAN

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Kirk Hammett Makes Idiotic Remark Reply with quote

Good one live4metal ---collector of seman-- i like that one! I must add that i think iron maiden will be remembered 50 years from now. I mean they have been around for over 25 years now and most people i know have heard of them even if they don't listen to them. Also their popularity is big in most parts of the world. America seems to be the only country where their popularity suffers.
Dillinger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Kirk Hammett Makes Idiotic Remark Reply with quote

WHEN THE WORLD CHANGES TO SOMETHING WORTHWHILE, NO ONE WILL GIVE A **** ABOUT BLACK SABBATH! THEY SUCK!
WastedRockRanger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Kirk Hammett Makes Idiotic Remark Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dillinger:
WHEN THE WORLD CHANGES TO SOMETHING WORTHWHILE, NO ONE WILL GIVE A **** ABOUT BLACK SABBATH! THEY SUCK!

Lol, let the flaming begin! If it weren't for Sabbath, we probably wouldn't be posting on the board. Hell, they weren't a band they were a revolution. I think you're just trying to get a rise, personally. [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]
live4metal

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Kirk Hammett Makes Idiotic Remark Reply with quote

Yeh,Sabbath sucks.And come to think of it so does Iron Maiden & Judas Priest.Don't know why I did'nt see that B4.Thanks for setting me straight.
Now where can I order your CD so I can get into some real music?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: