HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kirk Hammett Makes Idiotic Remark
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WastedRockRanger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Kirk Hammett Makes Idiotic Remark Reply with quote

Hehe, good stuff!
Dillinger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Kirk Hammett Makes Idiotic Remark Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by WastedRockRanger:
quote:
Originally posted by Dillinger:
WHEN THE WORLD CHANGES TO SOMETHING WORTHWHILE, NO ONE WILL GIVE A **** ABOUT BLACK SABBATH! THEY SUCK!

Lol, let the flaming begin! If it weren't for Sabbath, we probably wouldn't be posting on the board. Hell, they weren't a band they were a revolution. I think you're just trying to get a rise, personally. [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]
Robert Plant: "Sabbath is inane (irrelevant)"
Bralalalala:"Sabbath sucks"

Begin to get the picture.

Since when did saying Sabbath sucks mean that Priest, Maiden and the rest of the world sucks?

Therein lies a big part of your problem with Sabbath. They think they represent everything and everyone and freedom at the same time. They are arrogant wankers without a cause. All Kirk Hammett is doing is following in the footsteps of Sabbath. They are known for stupidly bashing Deep Purple and Led Zeppelin as trying to be like them. I know Priest did that to Maiden once. Of course a lot of bands have opinions about other bands. Dickinson says Maiden plays better than Metallica, etc..
So, I guess it just depends on who you agree with and why.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Kirk Hammett Makes Idiotic Remark Reply with quote

Black Sabbath invented the following forms of music:

1) Heavy Metal. There had been metal songs before, by accident, but never a metal band.

2) Grunge (Volume 4 is a grunge record, and Sabotage comnes close.)

3) Gothic ("Who Are You?" from Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is the first goth song.)

4) Punk ("Paranoid" is the first punk song.)
Dillinger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Kirk Hammett Makes Idiotic Remark Reply with quote

au
quote:
Originally posted by CollectorOfWomen:
Black Sabbath invented the following forms of music:

1) Heavy Metal. There had been metal songs before, by accident, but never a metal band.

2) Grunge (Volume 4 is a grunge record, and Sabotage comnes close.)

3) Gothic ("Who Are You?" from Sabbath Bloody Sabbath is the first goth song.)

4) Punk ("Paranoid" is the first punk song.)

So says you. If I asked Ozzy, he may say Sabbath is responsible for the sky being blue as well. However, MANY bands in all the genres you mention DO NOT ENJOY SABBATH MUSIC! Sabbath invented nothing but their own sound and music. If another band wants to claim them as an influence, then good for them. For Sabbath or Sabbath fans to take it another step and say that for someone else is ludicrous. Remember Kevin Dubrow? Didn't he do something similar, by saying all LA bands were in existence because of Quiet Riot (including Van Halen)?
Mijarra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Kirk Hammett Makes Idiotic Remark Reply with quote

I, for one, am shocked...shocked, I say....to see that Kirk Hammett has made idiotic and egotistical remarks concerning other metal bands. This is an outrageous and unexpected turn of events. Shocked, I am!!

I am almost as shocked to see Bralllalaa making dumba$$ed comments. I am beside myself.
WastedRockRanger

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 8:09 pm    Post subject: Kirk Hammett Makes Idiotic Remark Reply with quote

quote:
Bralalalala:"Sabbath sucks"

I'm glad Bralalalala cleared that up. And to think I was so off base all these years. [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]
Dillinger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 1:43 pm    Post subject: Kirk Hammett Makes Idiotic Remark Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mijarra:
I, for one, am shocked...shocked, I say....to see that Kirk Hammett has made idiotic and egotistical remarks concerning other metal bands. This is an outrageous and unexpected turn of events. Shocked, I am!!

I am almost as shocked to see Bralllalaa making dumba$$ed comments. I am beside myself.

yeah? I give good reasons for the comments I make. I substantiate them with evidence. When a band says they are responsible for various genres of rock music as Sabbath does, yet many of the bands in them don't care for Sabbath, I think it is Sabbath who has the explaining to do. This is the crappy attitude that has always made Sabbath suck.
live4metal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Kirk Hammett Makes Idiotic Remark Reply with quote

Ozzy,you got some splaining to do.
Mijarra

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Kirk Hammett Makes Idiotic Remark Reply with quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mijarra:

yeah? I give good reasons for the comments I make. I substantiate them with evidence. When a band says they are responsible for various genres of rock music as Sabbath does, yet many of the bands in them don't care for Sabbath, I think it is Sabbath who has the explaining to do. This is the crappy attitude that has always made Sabbath suck.
Okay, I have not ever been super-into Black Sabbath. I like them a lot, but they were before my day, and I find their sound a little dated. However, I can't see how ANY metal player (even a loosely defined one like you) can not see Black Sabbath as THE major turning point in heavy rock history. I love Zeppelin, and will probably listen to them more than Sabbath, but compare Page's playing with Iommi's. It aint the same, not even close. Hendrix was a great early hard rock player, and one of my great guitar heros, but Iommi puts him to shame as a master of heavy, evil, riffage. I do not think it is any kind of exaggeration to say that NO band we talk about on this board would likely have existed if not for Black Sabbath and specifically Tony Iommi. I don't know how you say that no bands are influenced by them because I can't think of a more revered band in the metal community.

In closing, show some repect for those who came before you. If you don't like them that's fine, but next time you plug into your amp and turn the distortion up to 11 remember that you have them to thank for that beautiful sound you hear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: