HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Simpsons: Homers Roast

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeff

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 10:05 pm    Post subject: The Simpsons: Homers Roast Reply with quote

Did anyone here catch Sunday nights episode?
First off... i liked the episode...just had some problems with it...
I was really looking forward to it due to the fact that I think those old Dean MArtin Celebrity Roasts are Great!!.. I really enjoyed the 3 times they did the catchphrases with Mr burns ect... I also loved the fact that Principle Skinners mom was supposed to be modled after Phyllis Diller in this episode.
The part of the show that RUINED it for me was having almost the last segment with Kang and Kodos, those two slobbering aliens. What the Hell did they get the last segment for? Mr Burns is funnier. Why not more of him!! And what about Groundskeeper Willie, Apu, Professer Frink, The Comic Book Guy, and so many others that could ahve REALLY roasted Homer...instead we have Two Aliens who are in 1 halloween show per season take over the third segment.
Anyhow, the parody of Billy Joels " We didn't start the fire" at the end was really good....

Anyone have any feedback?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Skull Dragon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2002 11:51 pm    Post subject: The Simpsons: Homers Roast Reply with quote

Now with 33% new footage!
The Dorf

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 4:47 am    Post subject: The Simpsons: Homers Roast Reply with quote

Haven't seen it yet - I tape the Simpsons along with Malcolm In The Middle every Sunday. I hope to catch it later today.
Urizen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2002 8:58 am    Post subject: The Simpsons: Homers Roast Reply with quote

I thought it was pretty bad
When they were showing the clips of The Simpsons' car, they showed a clip where Homer wasn't even driving his own car!
It was the first Simpsons show that I shut off in the middle
And with the continuous ratings grabs with N SYNC just makes me sick.

Worst Episode Ever
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 1:01 am    Post subject: The Simpsons: Homers Roast Reply with quote

Yet another clip show - The Simpsons has too many of these.

But Futurama was one of the funniest I've ever seen.
Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2002 11:53 pm    Post subject: The Simpsons: Homers Roast Reply with quote

The Futurama show was great. I caught the last half cause i didn't get home from work til 7:10, but i was shocked that all the characters from
star trek actually did there own voices !!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: