HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can you imagine being me?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 10:44 pm    Post subject: Can you imagine being me? Reply with quote

Thats right. Your whining about not getting a record deal and being oppressed is first class. Thus the professional victim tag.

Your refusal to try and distribute your music through other means is somewhat unprofessional. A major record label/indie is not only one avenue that is available.

So, instead of replying to this post try and focus all of your negative energies into a positive result. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2002 10:55 pm    Post subject: Can you imagine being me? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Midnight Sun not the band:
Thats right. Your whining about not getting a record deal and being oppressed is first class. Thus the professional victim tag.

Your refusal to try and distribute your music through other means is somewhat unprofessional. A major record label/indie is not only one avenue that is available.

So, instead of replying to this post try and focus all of your negative energies into a positive result. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]

What is with you? I have done all sorts of things. You are like blaming a music fan they can't find the record they want to hear. I believe in being productive. That is why I am here, to get a communication between fans and bands. You don't like it, then tuff schmuks.
Rockangel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:04 am    Post subject: Can you imagine being me? Reply with quote

"? I am a musician, not a marketing firm. There is a difference!"

Bralala those two simple line are the reason your not noticed as much as you would like. As an artist who does NOT want to pay 20% to anyone to promote me or to an agent I have had to become my own marketing firm. Any any sucessful person in the arts has some knwledge and ability to market and self promote without the help of an agent or lable. What you have to do is put in the extra hours to do that end. I don't know why you think it is somehow degrading to sell tickets on a street corner or pass out fliers outside a club for your band. All I can assume by this thinking is your not really interested in seeing your band really make it. Only those who are truly hungry to share their work, and have a passion for their music are willing to do anything it takes to get noticed. You don't appear to be interested in taking advantage of all possible promotional avenues. You seem to insinuate that some avenues are beneath you. Maybe it's not the way you dress or the way you sing maybe it's your elitist attitude. I've noticed most people into metal do not like people who think others beneth them. And that is what I get off of you.

Of course it's all just my opinion. And just the feeling I get from you. But your right about one thing. I do not understand you.". Sell my music direct to the public? Like selling tickets from the Troubadour in L.A. on the streets?" Are you saying this act is beneth you? Is some metal head walking down the street not worthy to be offered your cd for sale? Or are you just lazy and expect the masses to seek you out?

Getting noticed takes not only a lot of work and willingness to do some things you may not want to do. But it also takes finess and people skills. The ability to sell yourself not just your art, whatever it may be. You can't bludgen people into liking you or your music. "I am a pro musician and an unprofessional record label." If the afore mentioned statement were true then you would know how to market yourself without the aid of a marketing firm. Thats what the "pro" in "pro musician" means. That you do it for a living because you have either been marketed or are willing and able to market yourself.

I was at your site some time ago. You professed to be independantly wealthy which is why you could spend so much time and money on your music. You even said here that money was not an issue. So it would seem that you are a rich kid with a kiss of ability who likes to ware dresses and make music and bitch about how you have been mistreated by the powers that be.

Sounds to me like money can't buy fame or talent. Even worse it can't by social graces, or good personality. And it all screams your elitist attitude.

You need to just get over it and realize that there are some like myself who don't like you and never will. NOT because of your music or you dresses, but because you are a whiney elitst who thinks the industry owes you something. Well they don't. No one owes anyone anything. Your lousy career will be whatever YOU make it. So I say if you want it bad enough stop looking for someone else to get out there and pound the pavement for you. Get out there to the Troubadour and sell some cd's on that street corner ya big baby. Pass out some fliers. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]
Rockangel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:09 am    Post subject: Can you imagine being me? Reply with quote

After thought...

Why by all you hold sacred would you think anyone would want to "imagine being [you]?"
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:26 am    Post subject: Can you imagine being me? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rockangel:
[
You need to just get over it and realize that there are some like myself who don't like you and never will. NOT because of your music or you dresses, but because you are a whiney elitst who thinks the industry owes you something. Well they don't. No one owes anyone anything. Your lousy career will be whatever YOU make it. So I say if you want it bad enough stop looking for someone else to get out there and pound the pavement for you. Get out there to the Troubadour and sell some cd's on that street corner ya big baby. Pass out some fliers. [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [/QB]

Not everybody is a musician. This is a little known fact in things. Many think they are, they think they know what it takes, but they do not. It requires committment to the instrument, not the pavement. You are the one with the incorrect attitude in my view. There is a dishonesty there. Let somebody on another mission go and sift through 1000 bands records and tell me which ones are good. Maybe, when I have the time, I will look into that myslef as well. I'm sure the clubs love it when the bands are willing to do all the work. They take advantage of the poor musicians love for their music, when it is they who should be in the business of selling tickets. Once they have the bands of choice, which will entertain people in their view, what more should the band need than that ability? I'd love to tell my gardener to take a 20 percent pay cut just because I could go out and get another gardener for less. There is more to existence than money. There is respect for the needs of people in certain positions. This you don't understand. You don't understand that it, yes, is quite low of you to demand certain things of people. By the way, would you really buy a ticket from an unknown band member on a street corner, or would you prefer to listen more comfortably at home while the station and the club promote an upcoming show, or a potentially interesting act and let you listen and be a part of who you will go to see, of deciding to buy a ticket that way? The process you support is chaotic and is producing very little of a good music scene.
Rockangel

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:37 am    Post subject: Can you imagine being me? Reply with quote

I will and have baught tickets from "unknown" band members outside a club. And had a great time when I went to see them.

I am not wrong. You show so little respect for your own work that you will not promote it so you wait for someone else too. You're like all those artist back in the 1920 and 30's who went to Paris to paint on street corners and be "discovered." While the ones that were discovered were busy promoting themselves in New York. Doing the dreaded cover work for local rags so that later they could do their fine art.

There ain't no free ride in this world. You don't get "discovered" you "demand" notice. Until you understand the differance and what it takes you will always be a nobody. And that is not opinion, thats a fact. No ones handed anything. And everyone who makes it in his or her chosen field at one point or another did the shit work first.

Again I say get over yourself. All of my opinion in my first post here stands, and you did not have a convincing argument to change my mind one whit. All you did is confirm to me your inability to grasp what "pro" means.
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 12:50 am    Post subject: Can you imagine being me? Reply with quote

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rockangel:
[QB]I will and have baught tickets from "unknown" band members outside a club. And had a great time when I went to see them.

And everyone who makes it in his or her chosen field at one point or another did the shit work first.

Yeah, so are those of us unwilling to experiment with our money are wrong to not prefer to buy obscure tickets usually to nowhere on street corners? You know, the chances of getting a good concert ticket that way are slim. I wouldn't do it. I don't expect somebody else to do it. Most people don't do it. You are just a power monger and a sadist in my view.
Midnight Sun

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 7:51 am    Post subject: Can you imagine being me? Reply with quote

Ah so Braha wants to be successful but is too lazy/unfocussed to do so. You either sit on your ass and complain or you do whatever it takes to succeed. Braha would rather spend his time and energies complaining than actually doing something proactive for his band. Pity [img]images/smiles/icon_redface.gif[/img]
THRASHCRAZED

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2002 9:26 am    Post subject: Can you imagine being me? Reply with quote

Didn't this discussion and thread run it's course a long time ago?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: