HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Bass... Suggestions?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Micaria

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2002 8:06 pm    Post subject: Need Bass... Suggestions? Reply with quote

Alright people, I need a little help. I'm learning how to play bass... on my boyfriend's bass at the moment and let me tell you he's 6'2" so it doesn't exactly fit me. I need suggestions on what kind of bass I should get as someone who is starting out and who is only 5'0". I am really enjoying the bass, but I need my own, you know? I want to be able to play and it'll be easier if I have one that's more my size... So any suggestions you have would be muchly appreciated.... Thank you...
Subtraction

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 1:50 am    Post subject: Need Bass... Suggestions? Reply with quote

Bass guitars are just big, but I think Fender makes some kid's basses. But the only real size difference in basses comes in with string size and how many strings you want on the neck and frets. So you are probably going to just have to deal with it hehe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Subtraction

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 1:55 am    Post subject: Need Bass... Suggestions? Reply with quote

I take that back, I suppose it depends on what you are looking for, I mean body shape can make a difference and the width of the neck too. You really just have to go and try them out on yourself.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Scorchin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 1:04 pm    Post subject: Need Bass... Suggestions? Reply with quote

If you have a "Mars Music" or a "Guitar Center" in your area, you should be able to find a bass to fit your needs.
mtlhd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 1:33 pm    Post subject: Need Bass... Suggestions? Reply with quote

I'm learning too and I just bought a cool Spector 2000/4. So, you might want to check them out. Their website is [url=http://www.spectorbass]www.spectorbass[/url] or check out [url=http://www.marsmusic.com]www.marsmusic.com[/url] They should have something you're looking for or at least point you in the right direction.
Micaria

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2002 9:57 pm    Post subject: Need Bass... Suggestions? Reply with quote

Thank you all for your suggestions, I know that I'm going to have to go out and find one on my own, because it is a personal kind of thing... I just needed a jumping off point since I know nothing about the brands and stuff, heck I barely know how to play... at the moment, but I plan on getting better, and I plan on playing seriously. So I need something... Thank you all...
Mijarra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 8:47 pm    Post subject: Need Bass... Suggestions? Reply with quote

You could always go short scale, but you'd be cheating yourself I think. Instead, I'd just look for something with a thin neck. I would suggest the Ibanez SR 300. Ibanez makes good gear and reasonable prices and they have really nice necks. Make sure you wear it right on the strap and you shouldn't have any trouble reaching across the fretboard. Being 5 feet tall, I assume you have small hands, so slinging it low on the strap isn't going to do you any favors. Hope this helps!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: