HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Martha Stewart headed to the slammer?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mijarra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 8:27 pm    Post subject: Martha Stewart headed to the slammer? Reply with quote

Well, am I'm sure everyone has heard, Miss Martha Stewart, the Queen of domestic wizardry, will possibly be indicted on charges of insider trading. Well, I for one am not shocked at all. I think we all saw this coming. And it's just the tip of the iceburg. I watch her on TV, it's so transparent. Do you really think the average human is capable of doing the things she does without any "inside" help? Do you think YOU could whitewash your back screen door without getting any paint on your blouse? Do you think YOU could take an old pair of yellowed curtains and refurbish them to brand new condition with nothing but lemon juice and a little peroxide? Do you think YOU could make a Thanksgiving table centerpiece with nothing but foam from an old couch cusion and a little candle wax?? DO YOU??!! Of course not! No one can!!! It's un-natural! SHE'S un-natural! NOBODY CAN BAKE CHRISTMAS COOKIES LIKE THAT!!! NOBODY!!!

I'm done now. Martha Stewart, someones prison b*tch. Whoda thunk it.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 9:07 pm    Post subject: Martha Stewart headed to the slammer? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mijarra:
Well, am I'm sure everyone has heard, Miss Martha Stewart, the Queen of domestic wizardry, will possibly be indicted on charges of insider trading. Well, I for one am not shocked at all. I think we all saw this coming. And it's just the tip of the iceburg. I watch her on TV, it's so transparent. Do you really think the average human is capable of doing the things she does without any "inside" help? Do you think YOU could whitewash your back screen door without getting any paint on your blouse? Do you think YOU could take an old pair of yellowed curtains and refurbish them to brand new condition with nothing but lemon juice and a little peroxide? Do you think YOU could make a Thanksgiving table centerpiece with nothing but foam from an old couch cusion and a little candle wax?? DO YOU??!! Of course not! No one can!!! It's un-natural! SHE'S un-natural! NOBODY CAN BAKE CHRISTMAS COOKIES LIKE THAT!!! NOBODY!!!

I'm done now. Martha Stewart, someones prison b*tch. Whoda thunk it.

Good for her. I've been sick of her for a while now. She's on TV like 24/7! Good riddance!
Icarus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 6:39 am    Post subject: Martha Stewart headed to the slammer? Reply with quote

Yeah, she's definitely a smoke and mirrors act. When I was yonger my mom was actually quite into her. Infact she actually went to a wedding that Stewart Catered. This of couse was way before she became the MacGyver (refering to the ABC television series where the main character could make exspolsives out of crude oil, bubble gum and a shoe lace) of household items. My wife gets her magazine and I cringe everytime her christmas special comes on with the plastic looking kids and the hocus pocus of decorating and baking up ye olde New England Christmas.
The rumor was always that (prior to their divorce) it was her husband who was the brains behind her initial operation.

I'm not exactly sure what insider trading is. Does it have to do with someone knowing ahead of time when to buy and sell for reasons of a company making some big drastic change prior to public knowledge? What exactly was Martha caught doing? Regardless of the outcome she WILL NOT go to jail because of her celebrity status.

[i]Side note about the Christmas Specials:
As if it weren't obvious enough, to give you more of an idea of how bogus those shows are, since they were filmed in September or October, the had to make fake snow and spray it all over her Connecticut digs (when they were filmed there) to give the effect of the "white Christmas". I think one year it was a particularly warm week in October (70 - 80 degrees) and they were out there with the winter coats and all filming for the December show. That kind of stuff always makes me laugh[/i]
[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
nuclear_x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 6:37 pm    Post subject: Martha Stewart headed to the slammer? Reply with quote

Mjarra,that was the funniest posts in a long time here.... [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] but you know if I were her inmate I would hope she would drop the soap .
nuclear_x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 6:39 pm    Post subject: Martha Stewart headed to the slammer? Reply with quote

[img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]
THRASHCRAZED

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:34 pm    Post subject: Martha Stewart headed to the slammer? Reply with quote

Who gives a f**k!!!!
Mijarra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:39 pm    Post subject: Martha Stewart headed to the slammer? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by nuclear_x:
you know if I were her inmate I would hope she would drop the soap .

LOL! Are you saying you have a Martha fetish? There is something kinda sexy about her, in a scary, neo-facist, german schoolmarm kinda way. Did I just reveal too much? I'll stop now.

Icarus: Insider trading is making decisions on trading stocks based on information not available to the general public. She has a friend that is a big whig in some company she had stock in. Her friend advised her to dump the stock b/c it was about to drop and she did, and saved herself from losing a lot of money. It's a tough situation though. I think her friend is definately guilty, but what was Martha supposed to do, pretend she didn't hear it and lose a bunch of cash? I don't know how specific the law is in this regard, but I guess we'll see what happens.
nuclear_x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2002 8:57 pm    Post subject: Martha Stewart headed to the slammer? Reply with quote

well you know she may just want to redecorate my privates..not enough glitter...I am sooooo bad
rockin500

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2002 8:06 pm    Post subject: Martha Stewart headed to the slammer? Reply with quote

nothing will happen to her. she'll walk. Merril Lynch wont though (or whoever was in charge of handling that client)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: