HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Well, so much for being an SINCERE artist
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 8:00 pm    Post subject: Well, so much for being an SINCERE artist Reply with quote

re: Rockangel:

Creativity=your willingness to listen
Listening=your willingness to learn
Music=creative listening
Non music=your stubborness which molds others to your vision, rather than accept them for what they are! This is not creative listening. This is destroying!!Unlike with you, oppressors are not my friends. I do not befriend those who bully other people about their personal issues like their looks. These are the people losing fans!!! These are the people who don't give a damn what the albums sound like, not me!

I'M THE GOOD GUY
YOU ARE THE BAD GUY
Mijarra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2002 11:10 pm    Post subject: Well, so much for being an SINCERE artist Reply with quote

The people in this world who go around being intensely different and radical are generally those who can tolerate the disassociation they experience when society looks that them like they have three heads. These people are emotionally tough enough to know that their way is the right way, so they believe, and they remain strong in their convictions to be unswayed and unintimidated by societies apparent distaste for them. You, Brallallallaa, do not seem strong enough to carry this cross of individuality. You want to have your cake and eat it too. You want to be as different and crazy as you like, and yet have the masses embrace you. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. If you really believe in these wacky ways of yours, why would you care if you ever get signed? Why would you care about mainstream acts that get all the attention? If you are truly on a quest for individuality and enlightenment, these worldly gains should not be your concern.

Most people aren't cut out carry the kind of burden you are putting on yourself. There is nothing wrong with that. But maybe you need to be more honest with yourself as far as what you really want from your career. Just from this message, I can tell you several things you might not even realize yourself:

1. You DO seek the approval of the masses, even here at HR
2. You feel a strong need to succeed, so strong that you compare yourself to a lot to other bands that you deem successful
3. You are having a great deal of trouble justifying these feeling to yourself and fitting them into your present percieved "image"

If I were you, I'd start using my real name, ditch the gimmicks and attitude, and just crank up my f*@king amp and kick some a$$. Let your music speak for itself, no image or gimmicks attached. Of course, that's me. You do what you want.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 12:37 am    Post subject: Well, so much for being an SINCERE artist Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Bralalalala:

Music=creative listening

Must...resist...obvious joke...
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 1:40 am    Post subject: Well, so much for being an SINCERE artist Reply with quote

RE:

1. You DO seek the approval of the masses, even here at HR
2. You feel a strong need to succeed, so strong that you compare yourself to a lot to other bands that you deem successful
3. You are having a great deal of trouble justifying these feeling to yourself and fitting them into your present percieved "image"

Criminals generally go to jail. We don't put them there because we want their approval. We do it because they are abusing other people!! It is a tough concept for many metallers to understand, but it is a real important one. Sadly, abusing kids is still an accepted part in society. I am against it. Part of my abuse was to be forced to dress and act separate from girls, which is against my nature. I get my ass kicked constantly by patriarchal bastards like you on every level, from playing music to school to getting a job to existing on a street. It is time for the pay back, not unlike many other abused groups have demanded in this culture. I don't compare myself to other bands, I only state that they have the same playing field I do, but take a less activist stance, which I find very dissappointing. I am also dissapointed you consider yourself part of the mainstream as a metaller.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 2:56 am    Post subject: Well, so much for being an SINCERE artist Reply with quote

quote:
Part of my abuse was to be forced to dress and act separate from girls, which is against my nature.

While nobody had the right to kick your ass - which, by the sounds of it, probably happened quite often - to the above, what can be said other than boo ****ing hoo?
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 3:15 am    Post subject: Well, so much for being an SINCERE artist Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Tyrannorabbit:
quote:
Part of my abuse was to be forced to dress and act separate from girls, which is against my nature.

While nobody had the right to kick your ass - which, by the sounds of it, probably happened quite often - to the above, what can be said other than boo ****ing hoo?
There is a lot of worth in boo hoo hoo. It is a reminder that I don't like being censored musically over my appearence. Those who have and continue to do it, and it is the norm sadly, will hear my dissatisfaction deservedly so because it clarifies that we don't all agree with the crap. This is a start to a change thank you very much.
thrash4life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 6:05 am    Post subject: Well, so much for being an SINCERE artist Reply with quote

quote:
RE:

It is time for the pay back

And what exactly is "the pay back" cluttering up the board with your whining and sniveling about how bad you`ve had it?
Icarus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 6:49 am    Post subject: Well, so much for being an SINCERE artist Reply with quote

I know I said I was done, but this perked my ears up.

quote:
. . . Part of my abuse was to be forced to dress and act separate from girls, which is against my nature. I get my ass kicked constantly by patriarchal bastards like you on every level, from playing music to school to getting a job to existing on a street.

Are you saying that the dress wearing is not something you just do on stage and that it's part of your way of living and has been for most of your life?
Bralalalala

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2002 7:00 am    Post subject: Well, so much for being an SINCERE artist Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by thrash4life:
quote:
RE:

It is time for the pay back

And what exactly is "the pay back" cluttering up the board with your whining and sniveling about how bad you`ve had it?
No, not in your case, as it has been clearly stated by now that you are a traditional people's metalhead board. So, for you my unique expressions are nothing more than sniveling and whining because for the most part, you seem to be the types who like to smack 10 year olds and do sexism etc anyways...like I said, unless those cool gay metal people come back here, there is no hope for this board. They tried to "clutter" Hammer/Kerrang and then they got censored.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: