HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

jobs?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 1:39 pm    Post subject: jobs? Reply with quote

not asking for company names or anything personal, but what does a typical hardradioan do for a living?

Me? I'm just out of college with a major in history and a minor in german. I don't have a job, which means I'm very bored, and don't have much money right now. Luckily my parents let me live with them a while longer.

I want to get a job in teaching, but right now I just get some odd hours at the movie theatre(where I work for poor wages). Naturally I don't like working there, so I work when I run low on money.
rockin500

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 2:29 pm    Post subject: jobs? Reply with quote

arent there jobs in the teaching biz? Cuz i always here there aint enough teachers.

Anyways, I am a transportation design engineer. I do final roadway plans. And I also do traffic analysis for the current and projected 20 years in the future. I dont get paid as much as i want but its enough.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 3:12 pm    Post subject: jobs? Reply with quote

I work in an IT department for a hospital in Pittsburgh. My title is "computer operator". I run routine programs,run backups,print reports,take user calls,and monitor various systems. I'll be out of a job soon as the hospital I work for was bought out by a larger health system.
THE MIGHTY THOR INTREPID

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 3:50 pm    Post subject: jobs? Reply with quote

Software engineer. I am building the largest ,ilitary simulation ever seen. I am doing a video game too for the PC with giant robots.
Jake

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:36 pm    Post subject: jobs? Reply with quote

I don't have a teaching certification which keeps public school jobs away from me. I may decide to apply for one of those if I don't get a job at a private institution soon.
69mopar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:40 pm    Post subject: jobs? Reply with quote

Weve played this game before....but ill play again [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] I am in the Air Force I am a Hydraulic mechanic on the AC-130U gunships You all may have seen out handy work when we blew up that wedding party in Afghanistan...oops [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] your tax dollars hard at work here
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
FALCON

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:47 pm    Post subject: jobs? Reply with quote

Heavy Highway Construction is our Industry, I manage our Southwest Division, we mine materials and fabricate mainly interstates and highways, also do bridge and structure work. I am more office savy handly most of our accounting mgmt, while I administer and bid work, control operations, and travel and work a lot of hours over the summer, which in Arizona is pretty much year round! [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
nuclear_x

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 6:59 pm    Post subject: jobs? Reply with quote

69mopar did you ever chat on talkcity?
rockin500

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 8:47 pm    Post subject: jobs? Reply with quote

its always good to see your handiwork 69mopar. my friend (he was in the air force) had some of his work in the missles going into iraq a few years ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: