HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ghost Stories!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mijarra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:13 pm    Post subject: Ghost Stories!!!! Reply with quote

Freddie Kruger doesn't scare me. A guy with a chainsaw....YAWN. Some mental patient with a butcher knife...SEEN IT! What SCARES THE HELL out of me are GHOSTS. Ya know, spirits, demons, poltergeists, spectors, shades, restless souls, etc. I guess maybe because of my personal beliefs. I think there are a lot of things out there that we don't understand, and a lot of forces of both good and evil that are acting upon us, or watching us, and we don't even know it.

So,it's less than an hour from All Hallows Eve here on the east coast, so let's hear your best ghost story. The only criterias I am going to set is, (1) although it doesn't have to have happened to you personally, it must be a local story (not a famous one), and (2)it must be genuinely believed to be true by those who experienced it. So come on, I'm hiding behind my computer chair now, LAY IT ON ME!!!
nuclear_x

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 11:42 pm    Post subject: Ghost Stories!!!! Reply with quote

not to mess up a thread,but you know what would scare the hell out of me? I woke up tomarrow and found out liberals ran the country ahhhhhhhhhh.... [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Subtraction

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 1:08 am    Post subject: Ghost Stories!!!! Reply with quote

it scares me now to wake up to the government we actually have !!!!!! [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Subtraction

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 1:10 am    Post subject: Ghost Stories!!!! Reply with quote

oh yeah, and I don't believe in any of that shite..sorry I screwed up the thread twice now. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Subtraction

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 1:12 am    Post subject: Ghost Stories!!!! Reply with quote

Oh how about this...my boyfriend was watching that video clip from The Ring and then the phone rang!!!!

Sorry I am being really stupid hehe, but it really happened. Just pure coincidence.
Rockangel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:49 am    Post subject: Ghost Stories!!!! Reply with quote

I don't have any that fityour rules Mijarra. But I do have some that I grew up being told on cold winter nights. I don't think they are all "famous." Maybe if no one post one here I'll tell one anyway.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:21 pm    Post subject: Ghost Stories!!!! Reply with quote

This happened to me shortly after I graduated from high school. It was very early one morning and was still dark out. I awoke to see a large black shape undulating over my bed. I was so scared that I couldn't move or even speak. Was this the Angel Of Death? Had it come to claim my soul? What did I do? How did I die? Only a minute had gone by,but it seemed like an eternity. I had begun to accept my "fate" until it occurred to me...I was looking at my damn graduation gown! It was hanging from a beam that ran across the ceiling of my bedroom. Air blowing from a fan was causing it to move. I went from being scared stiffless to feeling as dumb as a bag of wet hammers! I guess it did signify the demise of my teenage years. [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

I've never really seen a ghost,although my Mom claims that there was a ghost of a little boy named Peter who used to play with my toys while I was at school. She also says that he used to play with our Irish Setter Brooks(mom would see the dog jumping around,chasing things that weren't there and wagging his tail). She also says that she would "communicate" with him via shorthand. Whenever she tells me these things however,she always seems to have a twinkle in her eye. Mom says Peter left after a while. When I ask her why he never appeared to me and my sister,she tells me that he was afraid he'd scare us.So,I dunno.

My dad also says that once he was awoken late one night by three very loud knocks on our front door. He ran downstairs and opened the door to find that no one was there. The next day he found out that one of his uncles had passed away.

My late grandfather used to claim that he saw a Banshee when he was 5 years old(he was a full-blooded Irishman).

I've never seen a ghost in my life,and I'm not sure I believe in things like that(although it does interest me).
I feel stupid for posting this,but once I actually talked to a psychic. I asked her about ghosts,and she told me that I'm the only person in my family that isn't "open" to seeing ghosts. She told me that I have a subconcious fear of them,even though I am a skeptic.
Micaria

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:40 pm    Post subject: Ghost Stories!!!! Reply with quote

Alright, let me set the scene for you... There are several supposedly haunted areas near where I live... famous to the locals... I believe in ghosts, but I am at the same time skeptic... so anyway...

My cousins like to play pranks and such, and they decided that they wanted to go see if any of the haunted areas were really haunted. So they get me to tag along... though I'm not sure how and off we go... It was a strangely warm night in October, close to Halloween... the moon was hidden by clouds and the sky was dark...

There was a sticky warmth to the air, a storm was brewing... In the car, my one cousin starts telling the story of the particular haunted place to which we are going. It was an old farm house out in the middle of nowhere, and we already lived out in the middle of nowhere, so that has to tell you something...

The story goes that the old man that owned the place had gone crazy and murdered his wife, then set the barn on fire with the animals still in it and then went and hung himself from the cross beams in his house... It was said that the ghosts of the animals could still be heard and that if you went there, you could see the old man killing his wife and hanging himself...

I was starting to wonder if we were ever going to get there, when we started to go off the main road... the place was completely grown over... you almost couldn't see any of it from the road... Just looking at the place, I got the creepy feeling that we should not go anywhere near it, but rather that we should return home. I told my cousins this, but they just laughed at me...So we pull up and go into the house... We're sitting there, and sitting there... for what seemed like hours... Then it started......

At first it was footsteps... Heavy, angry footsteps... pounding on the floor above us, pacing... We were all seated and there was no one else there, we had already checked the place out... then we could hear lighter footsteps... coming down the stairs... We looked... but saw nothing... Then the heavy footfalls started on the stairs and we could hear yelling, but couldn't tell what the angry voice was saying... I heard a lady scream and then we saw the old man with a hunting knife going after an older lady...

Then the storm started... I saw a flash of lightning out of the corner of my eye... and heard a crash of thunder that sounded like it was right on top of us... The roof was still in fairly good shape... and there were no leaks where we were, so we were able to stay dry...
Crash after crash of thunder, as I watched the terrible scene play out before me... and instantly regretted letting them drag me along...

Then I heard animals screaming in pain... and the roar of flames in between the thunder claps... My cousins were in the center of the room looking around wildly... I was looking around... trying to see where everything was coming from... Then I saw the old man stalking back in... His ghost seemed to be covered in actual blood... He looked right at me, and it felt as if his eyes would burn my very soul... a wicked, knowing grin fell across his lips and I froze, afraid to move, afraid to breathe... My cousins were already running... they tried to pull me, but I was rooted to the spot...

The old man came toward me, There was an old chair at my back... He went right through me!!!! He stood on the chair... I looked up and saw the remnants of a noose dangling above the chair... I saw him hang himself and the chair move away from his feet as if someone had kicked it.. I watched him dangling there... and felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up even more... My one cousin had come back inside to get me. He picked me up and carried me out... I could see the farm house windows and I saw a pair of glowing, angry, crazy red eyes in the window... boring into my soul as if marking me...

They wanted me to go back with them when they took their friends, because when they went back without me, they hardly saw anything, they only heard things... I told them that there was no way that I was ever going back there... They asked me to help them tell the story to their friends, and to explain what I saw when my cousins had run... but I didn't want to talk about it... There was just too much that night... I was afraid that if I went back there, if I came back, I wouldn't be myself... not entirely...

I haven't gone back since, and every once in a while my cousins will go back there... They're still convinced that the only reasons that they could see anything was because I was there, because without me, there was only the sounds... I don't know what to make of it, and I'm not willing to go back to find out... I just hope that nothing bad happens to anyone else that goes out there.

I hope this was acceptable...
Micaria

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 2:44 pm    Post subject: Ghost Stories!!!! Reply with quote

Let me tell you... I never felt so scared and so cold in all my life... When the old man walked right through me I suddenly felt as if I was made of ice and covered in a thousand spider webs... It was horrible, I wanted to run, I wanted to scream, but I couldn't... I was frozen to the core... I never did tell my cousins all of what happened after they ran out and left me there... I just told them nothing and walked away...

I'm over it now, but it has taken me a few years to do so... I mean, it isn't everyday that a ghost walks right through you... It was bad enough seeing them to verify that they are real... but to feel one go through you... ACK!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: