HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Live your life over - again and again....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 9:13 pm    Post subject: Live your life over - again and again.... Reply with quote

Many, many years ago, there was a very interesting game on the Commodore 64 called Alter Ego, in which you started from birth, made choices in your life and lived, well, until you died. Once you DID die, you could start again and live your life in a totally different way, to see how it would turn out. Simple though it was, it was also extremely addictive and it was very easy to lose hours of your life at a time through this game.

Well, now someone has programmed a version that you can play online. It's really an interesting game, well worth a look if you are at all intellectual or cerebral (and a lot of people here are). Find it here:

[url=http://www.theblackforge.net/#]http://www.theblackforge.net/#[/ur l]

Alternatively, if you want an online game that's extremely simple, arcade-like and fun, try this!

[url=http://www.seethru.co.uk/zine/south_coast/helicopter_game.htm]htt p://www.seethru.co.uk/zine/south_coast/helicopter_game.htm[/url]

Enjoy!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mijarra

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:43 pm    Post subject: Live your life over - again and again.... Reply with quote

That was pretty cool. Unfortunately, I was murdered by a kidnapper as a child, but I will try again.

I don't quite get the progression of the game though. Are you supposed to click on every single square, or follow a path and only click on certain ones?
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 11:47 pm    Post subject: Live your life over - again and again.... Reply with quote

Well, the more squares you click on, the more chances you have of developing as a person. So if you'd clicked on all of them, perhaps you would have developed the skills necessary to avoid being kidnapped! That seems a bit harsh though....I hope that doesn't happen to me!! I'm just about to start stage 2.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:01 pm    Post subject: Live your life over - again and again.... Reply with quote

Things were going pretty good for me,but I accidentally closed my browser screwed it up.

How can you save your game if you want to stop for a while?
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:02 pm    Post subject: Live your life over - again and again.... Reply with quote

It automatically saves your game when you close the window, and next time you start you resume from the same place. Give it a try, you'll see! Very clever....
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 2:58 pm    Post subject: Live your life over - again and again.... Reply with quote

The game takes too long, but I'm bored enough I'll probably come back to it.

Thanks for posting it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: