HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Heavy metal?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Howdypadna

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 9:26 pm    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

Hi!!!!!! I'm Swensa! I just did a music search and saw this sort of music for the maybe the first time on this web site!
I have to admit, I am a bit put off by some of the things I have read here. In your hard reviews, you feature a band "Lizzy Borden" with a "murderous road show." Ok, but then there was a lot about "southern rock," with American flag images, which I like because I am a member of many conservative nationalist groups where I am from. Maybe there is some hope.
Looking at your broadcast premieres, I would not even bother with a lot of those albums with skulls and men with long hair shown. Long hair does not look good on men, only on women. Don't these bands realize that they are losing a potential conserative audience such as myself by looking like that? I mean, this is too weird. Are they homosexual? Most of those artwork I don't even know what they try to draw. Ridiculous!!! Dee Snider's "Sick mutha ****as?!!!" Oh my gawd!! Kiss? With a picture of monsters? I really think some of these bands in this heavy metal need therapy, I really do. Why don't they just let the music do the talking so newcomers like me can give heavy metal a chance? What do you have to say for yourselves? You have effectively turned me off!
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 10:17 pm    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

Hi Bralalalala.

Door, ass, way out.
Rockangel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 10:22 pm    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

LOL men with long hair are HOT. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

And if you don't want metal... well I'm sure by your post metal dosen't want you either. You go now and you will be happy we will be happy everybody gets to be happy!
Raider

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2002 11:12 pm    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

quote:
Hi Bralalalala.

Door, ass, way out.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

[img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] That was good.
nuclear_x

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 12:06 am    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

as a mid-of-the-road-conservative who loves women and guns or is that women with guns...he he I have to say there are alot of conservatives who listen to metal one reason censorship conservatives mostly oppose any kind...so long damn hair or not doesnt matter in the least. Its the music....if the music you produce sucks then it sucks not because you may wear a dress,balls or no balls,um lets not go down that road this isnt Jerry freaking springer..basically if Blackie Lawless shaved his head I wouldnt go out and burn Wasp cds and call them sellouts..but there are some who would just ask Metallica change a sound and look and man you would think the whole damn metal scene was doomed I liked Load and Reload sorry off topic.Anyway there are alot of new not nu metal bands out there Ive recently got into Iced Earth,Amorphis,Angra just wish there was more of an outlet for these bands.
Ug

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 12:50 am    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

hey howdy...
im not great with math...but i have a feeling that with just one post you have offended at least 2/3 of the people here. stepping on tails to grab attention is not a great way to begin imo.

maybe you should go back and try again
Mijarra

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 1:05 am    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

Why should we have to say anything for ourselves? If you don't like it, please move along. Maybe metal is not for you. Go find something safer and less confusing to you, like the Backstreet Boys or something.

BTW, I do consider myself more or less conservative, and I feel that metal fits with my personal views far more than most forms of music, especially mainstream rock and pop and definately more than rap or hip hop.
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 3:38 pm    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Howdypadna:
images, which I like because I am a member of many conservative nationalist groups where I am from. Maybe there is some hope.

[b]

You are member of the Waffen Schutzstaffe (SS) by any chance?[/b]
Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2002 3:44 pm    Post subject: Heavy metal? Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
[QUOTE]Why do you guys always suggest the backstreet boys when someone doesn't like the stuff you are into?

You are right, whe should pick on Shitney Smears! [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: