HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

You're a gravy train with biscuit wheels!!!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:23 pm    Post subject: You're a gravy train with biscuit wheels!!!!! Reply with quote

Anyone ever see the vh1 show metal mania. That opening of satan playin the guitar. Don't you think its a lil too much. I mean its funny and all that. I mean its a much better intro then a man crashing an ice cream cart into a library.
Jake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:31 pm    Post subject: You're a gravy train with biscuit wheels!!!!! Reply with quote

I've never seen that. Sounds funny though.

Where've you been? We haven't seen you in awhile. You need to show up more often with your great topic titles.
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:46 pm    Post subject: You're a gravy train with biscuit wheels!!!!! Reply with quote

Its kinda one of those surreal things you can witness,its a great show its the closest there will ever be to a head bangers ball. (Yes, I know mtv is bringing it back.) Thanks I still come around from time to time. Just don't spend as much time as I used cos my connection to listen to the music keeps breaking off. So im really uninformed about the new ground breaking bands.
Mijarra

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 7:28 pm    Post subject: You're a gravy train with biscuit wheels!!!!! Reply with quote

Doctors recommend drinking 8 glasses of gravy a day.

I've never heard of this show...when is it on?
Flarpo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2003 10:55 pm    Post subject: You're a gravy train with biscuit wheels!!!!! Reply with quote

Saw that last weekend,the Alice Cooper video from some BBC channel was cool.

--------------------------------------------------
STAY OFF THE BIKE WEECAT !!
Badboy

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:33 am    Post subject: You're a gravy train with biscuit wheels!!!!! Reply with quote

Anything VH1 shows is a joke. If it is not Headbangers Ball, then it isn't worth watching.
Rockangel

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 12:42 am    Post subject: You're a gravy train with biscuit wheels!!!!! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Badboy:
Anything VH1 shows is a joke. If it is not Headbangers Ball, then it isn't worth watching.

[img]http://www.rockangel.com/ehaw.gif[/img] [img]http://www.rockangel.com/ehaw.gif[/img]
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2003 8:11 pm    Post subject: You're a gravy train with biscuit wheels!!!!! Reply with quote

It's on VH1 Classic. I think you'll find it's far from a joke, and well worth watching if you liked/like 80s metal. There's a little too much repetition of favourites (Dokken, WASP to name but two), but overall it's a pretty enjoyable hour. Plus, if they don't show something you like, there's a fair chance that they'll show something you can have a laugh at (Rough Cutt's "Piece Of My Heart" video, anyone?)!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 5:23 pm    Post subject: You're a gravy train with biscuit wheels!!!!! Reply with quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
I certainly wish I had this channel. What does it show when they don't have heavy metal specials?

Rough Cutt sounds pretty obscure. Do they ever show anything from Grim Reaper?

I actually have seen Grim Reaper on there before, although I can't remember the song.

Metal Mania isn't a "special", it's a regular show, on three or four times a week. Last weekend was a Metal Mania weekend, where every show was Metal Mania, and on Sunday there were intermittent interviews with AC/DC, which was quite good.

Other than Metal Mania, they have Rock Fest (more shows than Metal Mania, but still shows some "metal" bands), We Are The 80s (pretty good), Request Hour (and they do play some pretty obscure requests), All Star Jams (some live stuff, some regular videos) and some other shows that aren't quite as interesting to me. Even though they show almost nothing from after 1990 (Dream Theater's "Pull Me Under" a notable exception), it's easily the most watchable music station there is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: