HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

displayed names and real names
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rockin500

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 3:18 pm    Post subject: displayed names and real names Reply with quote

hate strippers? [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img] awww man, so disappointed in you! lol

i guess i should state i got into metal by listening to Motley Crues Decade of Decadence, GNR's Appetite and Metallica, and just progressively got heavier (even into death) before settling on power. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
The Dorf

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: displayed names and real names Reply with quote

Ron, 39 yo, living with mom right now (not a freeloader, just in tight financial situation). Deliver daily papers 7 days a week and do powerwashing on weekdays. Girlfriend and I broke up recently, looking into going to school soon for computers. I love most kinds of music (esp. metal - duh) and sports (I bowl on Saturday nites).

That's my life in general - pretty pathetic, huh?
Rockangel

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: displayed names and real names Reply with quote

My name is Tara and I am 31. I do freelance fantasy graphic art and illustration. Though when making ends meet I'll do just about any art. I love to read, write and garden. I am not now nor am I seriously looking for a relationsip. Guys I date typically tell me to stop all the damn drawing by the 6th month. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img] No kids, and probably won't be due to illness earlier. Other than that not much more to tell. I love metal most but have been caught listening to and enjoying gothic, celtic, hard rock and classical music.

And this is the first board I ever posted at. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

And Scorchin was very cool letting me spam it with my art. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
JosephC

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 9:46 am    Post subject: displayed names and real names Reply with quote

deleted

Last edited by JosephC on Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
PaulEMoz

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 12:01 pm    Post subject: displayed names and real names Reply with quote

OK, my name, unsuprisingly, is Paul. I'm 31, 32 in September. I lived my first 29 years in the north east of England, before marrying an American lass and shifting to the Detroit area of the USA. I'm a full time, stay at home dad with a two year old boy, and it's harder work than any job I ever had.

Musically, I lilke Yngwie Malmsteen (Nooooooo! Surely not!), Dream Theater, Arjen Lucassen's stuff, Joe Satriani, Symphony X, Whitesnake, and bits of other stuff. Generally, if it's melodic and it rocks, I'll like it, but it takes that indefinable "something else" to really stand out for me.

In my spare time I love watching football (the other kind, "soccer" to most of you), and I used to love playing but nobody does over here which leaves me knackered....I also like the usual stuff, films, reading, other sports and stuff....

I also love playing video games, be they new or old, but I have a particular affinity for the older games. As such, I'm spending a lot of my spare time teaching myself how to create a website, and am doing a site devoted to retro games and emulation. As I fancy myself as a bit of a writer, the main focus of the site will be reviews of these games. Hey, it keeps me busy in the hours where I'm not chasing a toddler around!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
live4metal

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 2:44 pm    Post subject: displayed names and real names Reply with quote

I think it's funny how alot of you are saying you've chosen to use your real name as a screen identity rather than hide behind a fictious monicker.Who's hiding? Half the fun is exercising your creativity to create an on site persona.Life is full enough with hum-drum reality that stagnates our brains into conformity.Heavy Metal music and this site are ways to express yourself and your opinions in a way that deviates from the norm.That's why instead of telling you my name is Steve,I'm 34,( alot of 34 year olds here)I work 50 hours a week,I'm married and do my laundry on Sundays.I chose to use my alter ego, so to speak ,to describe myself.I don't really need your true life stats to know you.I can see everything I need to know about your personalities & passions in the posts that you make.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2003 6:24 pm    Post subject: displayed names and real names Reply with quote

I just use a screen name since its easier than typing my real name which is long and Polish. [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Subtraction

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 1:18 am    Post subject: displayed names and real names Reply with quote

Interestingly, Rockangel, this was my first board to post to as well hehe.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dark Reign

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 8:37 am    Post subject: displayed names and real names Reply with quote

My Name is Marc, I currently work as an Adult Education/GED instructor, which can get interesting at times. I play guitar and bass, and every band I seem to get in or together always falls apart. I am perpetually single(too picky, and just getting pickier). I play Ice Hockey(Goalie), and look forward to that every friday night. I love to read, mostly alternate theory/UFO/Conspiracy stuff.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: