HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beer
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mijarra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 9:08 pm    Post subject: Beer Reply with quote

What kind of beer do you drink? I usually go for a frosty Miller Genuine Draft in a bottle, but if I have the cash a case of Corona makes me really happy (la cerveza mas fina!). Do you guys have Rolling Rock wherever you live? It's brewed in Pennsylvania, so I'm not sure how local it is. I like that a lot too.

I've been thinking lately that I need to start eating better and shed a few pounds, so it may be time to go to lite beer. I can't stand Coors Lite, but Bud Lite and Miller Lite aren't too bad. Anyone drink lite beer? It's okay, you can admit it. We're all friends here. Just don't tell me you drink wine coolers. [img]images/smiles/icon_wink.gif[/img]
Fatalcharm

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:35 am    Post subject: Beer Reply with quote

I just like to drink rum and vodka. And from what I read from an article about leading the "rockstar life". Its healthier long term since it might be equally as fattening and caloric, you won't drink as much to get that buzz.
rockin500

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 5:06 am    Post subject: Beer Reply with quote

lets see here. i will drink miller lite or MGD, coors light. Leine's.

but what i enjoy? Guiness, a good pale or brown ale, bocks, doppelbocks. i prefer small local brews more than the mass produced crap. I'm a pretty big fan of Goose Island beer.
Icarus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:14 am    Post subject: Beer Reply with quote

Harp (Ireland) and Bass (England) are my favorites.
As for domestic, I like Saranac lager, brewed in Utica, N.Y. and Harpoon, brewed right here in Boston, MA.

Amstel (Holland?) is still the best lite beer out there.
Jake

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 8:38 am    Post subject: Beer Reply with quote

Ugh! I hate Miller and pretty much any other big American beer company. That watery taste makes me sick. I can take Budweiser though, and I suppose Rolling Rock is ok(Mijarra it is definitely common everywhere I've ever been, and I'm not from Pennsylvania).

I like darker beers myself. Though I also like some pale ales like those from Flying Dog(Denver, CO). Their Doggy Style Indian Pale Ale is fantastic. Maybe a little sweet, but I like it. I also just tried this stuff called Rogue(from Oregon) recently and both things I've tried from that company are good- Dead Guy Ale and Youngster's Extra Bitter. For darker beers, Guinness is good, but maybe not sweet enough for me. I like Blackened Voodoo(from New Orleans), Rockbottom's Stillwater Stout(from a local restaurant- still fantastic), and Young's Double Chocolate Stout(good stuff even if it has added flavorings). Any kind of Oatmeal Stout I've tasted also tends to be good. Great stuff.

I don't do lite beers. They taste bad for the most part(I suppose Sam Adam's isn't so bad) and I don't need to worry about gaining weight(I weigh a whopping 150 lbs right now and I'm 6'2).

I like to continually try new things though, so I hope there are enough microbreweries around for me to sample.
Ug

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 1:21 pm    Post subject: Beer Reply with quote

Mine favourite poison is very unmetal....it's Gin and Tonic. As for beer, I only go for CARLSBERG or the locally brewed San Miguel, no offence but American beer doesn't ring my bell.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 4:47 pm    Post subject: Beer Reply with quote

MMMMMMM, beer (eyes rolled back in head, drooling like Homer Simpson)

Quoted by Mjarra:

quote:
Do you guys have Rolling Rock wherever you live? It's brewed in Pennsylvania, so I'm not sure how local it is. I like that a lot too.
We have Rolling Rock here (I'm not too far from you though). Personally I can't stand it, it has this funky sweet taste.

I love Miller Lite in a can, I usually don't like bottled beer except for Sam Adams. In fact, SA's Cream Stout is pretty good.

The best microbrew I ever had was in a microbrewery called Squatters in Salt Lake City. I can't remember what it was called, but it had a chocolate/caramel flavor that was awesome. I'd like to go back to SLC just to go to Squatters and have another one.
Rockangel

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:18 pm    Post subject: Beer Reply with quote

I don't really drink much. Maybe a couple of times a year I'll have a drink. Not big on beer. It's more the aftertaste I don't like. But I have been known to nurse a Corona or Sol Cerveza on a warm August night.
EnRaged

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 6:58 pm    Post subject: Beer Reply with quote

Great Topic!

I'm always trying new beers and I've travelled alot and always sample the local flavors. Usually I just drink Bud Ice, it's cheap, easy to find, and has a higher alcohol content, which is great for getting my buzz on quick before going out for a drive.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: