HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

9/11 Was Two Years Ago Today. Where Were You?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iwarrior

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: 9/11 Was Two Years Ago Today. Where Were You? Reply with quote

Man,I can't believe it's been two years already. Regardless of your politics,this was something that angered and frightened all of us.

I'll never forget that day. I had just gotten home from working night shift and saw it all unfold on tv. It was especially scary since one of the planes crashed not far from Pittsburgh. I turned off all the fans and a/c's,because I kept thinking I was hearing planes overhead.

Where were you?
Metal1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 8:53 am    Post subject: 9/11 Was Two Years Ago Today. Where Were You? Reply with quote

I was sitting in my cube (working for an environmental engineering company at the time.)

A friend of mine told me to come over, because he got a shot of the first plane from CNN's website. After that, the website got flooded, and we only had a radio to tell us what was going on. A lot of the people in my group were literally in tears (I did my best to try and calm people down.)

They let us out at 3 (really nice of them, jerks.)

I just remember myself trying to figure out which stories were real and which were fake. I also remember the eerie feeling of seeing no planes in the sky on such a beautiful day...

Kind of freaky, today is a lot like that day, it brings back pretty bad memories.
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 1:38 pm    Post subject: 9/11 Was Two Years Ago Today. Where Were You? Reply with quote

I was working at the daycare center in Wooster Ohio. One of the other workers knew I was from DC and expressed her concern to me that my family was in DC.

I didn't really think too much of the attack at the time. And really, I was surprised something like this hadn't happened before. Well now it has.

No disrespect to those who died, but this really didn't seem to affect me too much. It never really has.
TageRyche

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 11:30 pm    Post subject: 9/11 Was Two Years Ago Today. Where Were You? Reply with quote

I was at work.

My mom called and was telling the secretary. They turned on the little TV in the front office. When she came out to tell me, at first I was indifferent. I figured it was just a massive screw up by a plane and that was that. When things started playing out in full, that's when work pretty much ended for the day.
Mijarra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: 9/11 Was Two Years Ago Today. Where Were You? Reply with quote

I was just waking up as it was happening. I didn't have to be at work until 1:00 that day, it was a Tuesday. I clicked on Sportscenter like I did every morning and they were showing pictures of planes hitting buildings. I thought it was a commercial for an action movie or something. As they talked about it, I still couldn't believe it b/c it was ESPN, so switched to a CNN or something and it slowly began to sink in.

It still doesn't seem real. Every time I see a shot of the towers in an older movie or on TV I can't believe they are gone. I can't believe so many people died so horribly, for such a stupid reason. And I still can't believe to this day that so many Americans manage to justify to themselves or even be at peace with the reasons those bastards had for doing it.
EdwardTHead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: 9/11 Was Two Years Ago Today. Where Were You? Reply with quote

I know where I was. I was sitting in my cube at work. However, I work for the FAA so we got all the news we could handle. I remember the email we got, all it said was "two planes have hit the world trade center." I said who the hell forgot to chart the WTC? I work in the aeronautical charting division. Little did I know what exactly had happened. Most of us at the time thought it was a little prop plane or something like that. Not some a$$holes. [img]images/smiles/icon_mad.gif[/img]

You know what it still pisses me off. I've never hated anyone until that time.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 3:39 pm    Post subject: 9/11 Was Two Years Ago Today. Where Were You? Reply with quote

I took my brother to a doctor's appt. I just got in the waiting room and saw the first plane in the WTC. At first I thought it may have been an accident, even the newscasters weren't even sure at the time. Then just a few seconds later, I watched the second plane hit the other building and I was just totally dumbfounded.

On the way home they said on the radio that the Pentagon had just been hit. My then-girlfriend was working there at the time. To make a long story short, I sped home, and tried to call her on her cell phone, but all the lines were jammed. She was finally able to get a hold of me two hours later, which were the longest two hours of my life. Fortunately she was on the other side of the building, and two stories underground, when it happened.

I still get mad when I think about it, and I still also think that Bin Laden is a worthless piece-of-sh*t parasite who deserves nothing less then a painful, excruciating death.
lamireille

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:39 pm    Post subject: 9/11 Was Two Years Ago Today. Where Were You? Reply with quote

I remember to be in sad mood and trying to find some fun at tv. So I switched it on and saw those pictures from an awful war movie, I changed the channel and the following pictures of the same movie. I listened more carfully to what was telling the speaker.
Oh damn. Hell was so high in Manhattan's sky. I believed I could feel the ground tremble under my feet.
We were just after the last serie of attempts here. And these one... these one so incredible...from non-human minds.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
JesseR72

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 4:28 pm    Post subject: 9/11 Was Two Years Ago Today. Where Were You? Reply with quote

I was working in downtown Newtown that day. We headed across the street to take our morning break at maybe 8:50-ish, the floor layers were already on break and listening to the radio, they told us that a plane crashed into the one tower. At that point we just thought it was an accident with a small plane piloted by someone who had just gotten his liscense or something. When we came back from break, the floor layers were still outside gathered around the radio. They told us that ANOTHER plane crashed into the other tower. That's when we knew something was up. We then heard the size of the planes and the severity of the situation started to hit us. We kept working though...what else could we do? Going home and watching it on TV wasn't going to save anybody. We kept hearing updates and false rumors all morning (heard that a plane crashed into both the Lincoln Memorial and Mall Of America). At lunch we took about an hour and went to the closest bar where we finally saw images of that day. We never ate, none of us were hungry. We did go back to work eventually, again, what were we gonna do? I know it's late, but that's my story.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: