HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thank You Mr Nader

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mijarra

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Thank You Mr Nader Reply with quote

Well, Ralph Nader is apparently going to throw his 100% hemp hat in the ring once again. I could not help but laugh out loud as I heard the announcement on the news today. This guy is the best friend the Republican party has had since Monica Lewinsky. Thank you Mr Nader, and I'm sure the Bush administration thanks you as well. Bwah hah hah!
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Thank You Mr Nader Reply with quote

He has every right to run. Hell,I may even vote for him. To be honest,I'd rather he not run though. The stakes are too high this time. However,I'm not sure he'll affect anything in this election. Most people that will vote for him aren't planning on voting either Dem or Rep anyways.

I'd rather he work within the Democratic party to affect change than work against it,but what can you do?

I have the utmost respect for Nader though. He's one person that you can truly say has been on the side of common people.

Besides,he's right about the Dems. They need to be sent a message.

I just hope Bush doesn't win. If Bush does win,and Nader gets scapegoated again,he's screwed and might as well retire from politics.

Having mixed feelings about this. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]
JesseR72

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Thank You Mr Nader Reply with quote

I really don't think he's going to effect the outcome of this election. Last time he ran as the Green Party candidate which helped him drum up support and helped get him on the ballot in most states, he will not have that luxury this time as he is running as an independant.
I don't have much time for the man myself.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Thank You Mr Nader Reply with quote

Recent Noam Chomsky quote regarding Nader...

[i]The current incumbents may do severe, perhaps irreparable, damage if given another hold on power—a very slim hold, but one they will use to achieve very ugly and dangerous ends. In a very powerful state, small differences may translate into very substantial effects on the victims, at home and abroad. It is no favor to those who are suffering, and may face much worse ahead, to overlook these facts. Keeping the Bush circle out means holding one's nose and voting for some Democrat, but that's not the end of the story. The basic culture and institutions of a democratic society have to be constructed, in part reconstructed, and defeat of an extremely dangerous clique in the presidential race is only one very small component of that.[/i]
Rockangel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Thank You Mr Nader Reply with quote

I don't see it effecting the outcome either. Nader made it clear he'll drop out this time if it looks to be going the same as his last run. [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: