HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Megadeth reissues

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JosephC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Megadeth reissues Reply with quote

I just thought I'd throw this out there to see if anyone has any info about these or would like to discuss 'em.

If you haven't heard, Mustaine has not only re-mastered but has also done some rather extensive re-mixing of the Megadeth catalog from Peace Sells...But Who's Buying through Risk. It's being reported that the sound on some of these (like So Far, So Good...So What!) is dramatically different. I also think I heard all of the releases except for Risk will contain around 4 bonus tracks which mostly include demos.

Among the releases is the MD.45 album. Not only is that one being re-mixed but Mustaine has removed all of Vang's original vocals and has substituted his own vocals. The Mustaine sung version of The Day the Music Died is available on www.megadeth.com .

I was wondering if anyone heard anything more on these CDs? Especially if you have a list of the bonus cuts that are to appear on each re-master, LIST THEM HERE!!!!

Personally I am interested in hearing some of these. Rust In Peace forward had what I thought was pretty slick production, but Peace Sells and So Far So Good will be an interesting listen if they sound significantly better (as has been promised).

I've been looking through Megadeth's site today, and it sounds like the new Megadeth record may be pretty good (personally I haven't been blown away by a Megadeth CD since Rust In Peace and I thought Mustaine's last 3 CDs just sucked). They are talking time changes, double bass drumming and somewhat chaotic overall. If that's the case, sign me up...I'm looking forward to it.
Jeff

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may or may not pick them all up, but am going to get RUST IN PIECE again, cause I lost the booklet and the orignal case... I have too much other stuff I want to get without buying all the Megadeth albums over again, for a few perks..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Wyvern

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have all Megadeth albums worth to have, plus MD. 45 "The Craving", I like Ving Lee voice, I don't need to put my money in Dave's pocket.

I'm sick and tired of the "masters of remasters". I accept some were good like the Judas Priest ones, or when Castle reissued the Iron Maiden collection or some of the Black Sabbath ones. The best do far are the Blue Oyster Cult, with lots of unreleased songs and alternative versions. ones But frankly whatever Dave makes isn't worth my hard earned money.
Mijarra

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be interested in a fresher sounding Rust in Peace. Other than that the only way I'd be interested is if the bonus tracks are worth it. I guess I'd have to wait for some feedback before making a decision.
Icarus

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With [b]Megadeth[/b] being one of my all time favorite bands, I still don't think I will pick up these re-issues, although the sound of 4 bonus tracks, multiplied by all albums but [i]Risk[/i] is tempting.

Why doesn't he just release the tracks as an album?
[i][color=red]Oh, Icarus, that would be because he can get more money be releasing seven albums instead of one. [/color][/i]
Silly me, I should have known that.

I own the MD.45 album and the worst part of it is the vocals, so that one with Mustane's vocals replacing the previously crappy vocals may be worth it.
Mayhem62

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I will. But not all at once. Probably just one a week till completed. Mainly going after the bonus tracks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: