HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I Had To Pee In A Cup Yesterday
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
live4metal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: I Had To Pee In A Cup Yesterday Reply with quote

Yeh.1989 to be exact.A very bizzare expieriance.
The test was given by a guy in his later years who claimed to be an ex cop.The guy insisted the machine does'nt lie and really tried to scare you into telling the truth.
My whole approach was that the test is based on heart rate and even presperation.They attach electrodes to your fingers and ask yes or no questions.
I figured I needed to be as calm as possible,almost sedate.And to "believe" my lies.
I was given the test in the presence of two other interviewee's,a guy and a girl.This was the 2nd or third intertview.
They both cracked,answering yes to all kinds of stuff.Never saw either one while I worked there.
Get this,it was for an $8.00 an hour job at Sportmart.Bite me!
I beat that machine and that ex-cop a$$hole! You know who else passed a few polygraphs? O.J. Simpson.
JGunnz1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:38 pm    Post subject: I Had To Pee In A Cup Yesterday Reply with quote

I think the real culprit is that they often don't even do the test. They perform the "test" for policy reasons but they don't have to process it. Marijuana screening now is pretty tough to beat. I had a friend that went through a treatment program and 3 months after he had used, he still tested positive for trace elements of marijuana. After posting this the first time I talked to a friend that as a manager of in a pretty large corporation who has his employees tested, I was told that Marijuana is one of the main things they look for in the tests because it is easy to test for and the corporate position is that if one uses Marijuana they are more likely to be a regular user or a user of other drugs. They are also getting very good at finding screening agents. The old "drink a lot of water" trick isn't working as well because it changes the PH of the urine also.

Consider this:

Marijuana testing--how good is it?

Moyer TP, Palmen MA, Johnson P, Charlson JR, Ellefson PJ.

Testing for the use of marijuana necessitates one or more levels of assessment, depending on the clinical application of the test results. The EMIT-dau screening test with a sensitivity limit of 20 ng/ml is highly satisfactory for screening for the absence of marijuana in the urine. This test has a virtual 100% true-negative rate as long as an unadulterated urine specimen is analyzed. Positive results by the EMIT-dau procedure are presumptive because the test seems to produce false-positive results when applied to a random population of suspected drug users. In a population in a specific clinical environment such as in drug-treatment programs in which 20 of every 100 specimens will yield positive THC-COOH results by EMIT-dau screening, 3 (15%) of the 20 positive results will likely be false-positive. Our experience with the EMIT-dau suggests that of 100 test results, 3 will be false-positive, an overall 3% false-positive rate. If a positive test result will put the patient in considerable jeopardy and the screening result is the only evidence of drug use, confirmatory testing is imperative. Of the confirmatory tests, GC/MS seems to have the specificity necessary to provide a high level of confidence in the results.[b] A combination of the EMIT procedure with a sensitivity level of 20 ng/ml and GC/MS confirmation yields virtually 100% accuracy in detection of marijuana abuse.[/b]
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:09 pm    Post subject: I Had To Pee In A Cup Yesterday Reply with quote

I'm starting to get a little more used to this job. We'll see how next week goes. I'm still looking for something else,since I don't think I want to work for this company for very long.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found another job!!!

The temp job wasn't working out and everyone there was really getting on my nerves,so I kept looking. I got a call from a place on Tuesday. I sent them my resume for a "Credential Research Processor". The company does background checks,pre-employment screenings,etc. ,and that's what I'll be doing. They called me in for a second interview today and offered me the job shortly afterwards. It's less money than my previous job,but it's closer to home,more convenient interms of location and hours,and unlike the other place,offers benefits,vacation time,and sick time. They're also pretty small,so I can work my way up maybe. I have a good feeling about this.
10yearsgone

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck with the new job iwarrior. Sounds like you have a helluva opportunity in front of you.
iwarrior

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx dude. We'll see what happens. I'm a little nervous about tomorrow.
Jake

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great.

I chamged my owm priorities aroumd recemtly. I've beem workimg at a movie theatre which of course doesm't pay emough, but it's somethimg for mow, but I'm lookimg to get a better positiom im the compamy. The head of the theatre seemed to like the idea of givimg me a higher ramk with more respomsibilities.

Meamwhile, I'm begimmimg to tutor, which will be good for my resume whem I wamt a teachimg job later om.

I'll probably do this for a year or two, hopefully movimg up im the theatre amd makimg more momey or else movimg somewhere else. Them i'll go to grad school amd get a teachimg degree amd fimally I'll teach.

I thimk this works better tham what I was goimg to try to do before. Mow if I cam just get some people together amd get "my owm" apartmemt.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Free For All Forum All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: