HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How much does the new Exodus Kick Ass?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JGunnz1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: How much does the new Exodus Kick Ass? Reply with quote

Wow, I forgot that I could get into an album like this. This is old school thrash done RIGHT. My god, if only the mallcore scene could listen to this, they would see how it is done.

Anyone catch how Kirk Hammet helped write Impaler?

What do others think about this album (especially you old school thrashers).
Jake

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thimk this album is completely badass. Actually I like it evem more tham their older stuff. Seriously, this is what I meeded for a lomg time. They just dom't make classic thrash amymore [though they do make that thrashy death metal stuff]. It's updated im productiom- soumdimg clearer amd more precise tham before, yet the riffs are there. This is some cool shit.

Everyome should owm this album.
Tyrannorabbit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only listened to it once so far (came in the mail today)...a little uneven but good overall and (as hoped) the shredding's great.

"Impaler" is not entirely new though...it was previously on the live Another Lesson In Violence. Co-written by Kirk as we know, and you can hear that when he left he took some of it with him to put in "Trapped Under Ice".
JGunnz1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Tyrannorabbit"]

"Impaler" is not entirely new though...it was previously on the live Another Lesson In Violence. Co-written by Kirk as we know, and you can hear that when he left he took some of it with him to put in "Trapped Under Ice".[/quote]

Ahh, I should've known that since I own ALIV. Been awhile since I have listened to it. I would have to agree with Jake that the production is just killer. They lock into some great grooves at times as well. The leads sound perfect, with the layering style typical to old school thrash. I think this is a fresh look at thrash and I hope it is a trend that continues. FORWARD MARCH!
EnRaged

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way cool. I haven't heard much exodus before, but this far exceeded my expectations. One of my top two so far this year. Has been in my CD player for 3 weeks now... dig it.
The Dorf

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, heavy disc, kind of a heavier version of Pleasures Of The Flesh. Not to take anything away from Zetro cuz he does a fine job, but I wonder how different the disc would have been if Baloff (RIP) had been on lead vox.

Last edited by The Dorf on Fri May 28, 2004 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mijarra

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's outstanding. There is a lot to be said for a band that puts out a CD like that even though surely they must know it is far from whats happening in metal these days. I miss that kind of thrash and hats off to Exodus for being true to themselves.
TageRyche

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I've never been into the band in a big way, (Toxic Waltz is the only song I've ever truly loved from them) the new album is fantastic!

I've heard a few tracks off the CD and they've been superb. I love "Scar Spangled Banner."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: