HardRadio.com Main Page

HardRadio HardBoard
The Heavy Metal Supersite

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suffocation on Headbangers Ball

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion
Digg it Stumble it Submit to Del.icio.us Reddit it Slashdot it  
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mijarra

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2004 8:18 am    Post subject: Suffocation on Headbangers Ball Reply with quote

I don't see many 'Balls, except when I am at my friends house. We only watched for maybe half an hour last night, but in that time there was a cool acoustic spot by Lacuna Coil, and then a new Suffocation video. Has anyone heard the new Suffocation CD yet? I got a little fired up hearing that song last night. I'll probably pick it up eventually.

Headbangers Ball seems like it's getting much better. They did show a Korn video, but mostly they seemed to be steering away from that crap. Even Killswitch Engage is totally acceptable as far as I'm concerned. They also had a few other bands that I never heard of, but they were not nu-rock. They seemed to be more in the Lamb of God type style.
General Zod

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a "Season Pass" set up on my TiVo for the Headbanger's Ball, so I always end up watching it on Sunday morning; Bagels & Metal. Anyway, you're 100% correct, it's getting much better. They are showing less Metalcore and more Metal. The only problem is, when they show Metal, it's mostly Death Metal. Don't get me wrong, I dig Death Metal. However, if they could work in the occasional Power or Prog video and make it a point to show at least one classic Metal video per week, then we'd really have something.

On a side note, Christina of Lacuna Coil is even a better singer then I thought she was. The woman has really got a set of pipes on her. And holy f**k is she hot.

GZ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HardRadio HardBoard Forum Index -> Artist Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: